Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Blue Raiders Baseball Stadium Renovations

Back to the top

Re: Blue Raiders Baseball Stadium Renovations

I'm wondering if Athletics is paying attention to what other Sun-Belt schools are doing and if so I hope it puts some pressure on them to do something with our baseball stadium.
Back to the top

Blue Raiders Baseball Stadium Renovations

I took a look at the place a few weeks ago when i was in the boro.  Very Nice stadium. 
Back to the top

With teams like Troy, Middle Tennessee, North Texas doing renovations of their facilities, it only puts more pressure on us to do the same.  There is even talks about ASU finding ways to increase their athletic budgets.  So teams in the Belt are at least trying to improve, doing so will help strengthen this conference and having the facilities helps that process.

Hopefully we don't fall too far behind with upgrading our facilities or it will eventually it will catch up with us and baseball will be one of the first teams to feel the effects, if it already has been felt.
Back to the top

Bytor said

I'm wondering if Athletics is paying attention to what other Sun-Belt schools are doing and if so I hope it puts some pressure on them to do something with our baseball stadium.

No funding, no new facilities… it's really up to the alumni and boosters.
Back to the top

Lm77 said

No funding, no new facilities… it's really up to the alumni and boosters.

Alumni as in players who make it to a high level in the pros and return the favor when they land a big contract?? :)

The way i see it, that's what it will take alltogether…

Either that or another hurricane that detroys the park…which, although we dont want that, might be a Blessing in disguise…see The Burrow for illustration…….
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Either that or another hurricane that detroys the park…which, although we dont want that, might be a Blessing in disguise…see The Burrow for illustration…….
I don't think the  baseball stadium would qualify, sadly. With the Burrow you have something that's multi-use, for recreation and graduation. Not the case with the baseball stadium. Unless we had some sort of disaster insurance on it, we would be screwed if it got wrecked.
Back to the top

insurance you say?  whos got some gasoline and a match (i kid…. i mean who can afford the gas these days?)

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

owlcountry said

I don't think the  baseball stadium would qualify, sadly. With the Burrow you have something that's multi-use, for recreation and graduation. Not the case with the baseball stadium. Unless we had some sort of disaster insurance on it, we would be screwed if it got wrecked.

Not even the port-o-potty?? it's "multi-use" ;D
Back to the top

I understand the money issue & the fact that baseball falls below Football & basketball in support.

The fact that this is a program that has had the success the football team is trying to reach with a stadium that is in dire need of renovations ( Press boxes, dressing rooms with restroom facilities, concession stands, etc…….).

They have clearly earned the right to it.

I would hate to see this program slip (which it has done the last two years) to the point that it no longer competes for regionals or a top 25 ranking on a yearly basis because of facilities.
Back to the top
Control functions: