Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Reflective moments

These are truly the dogs days of summer, not much is happening as far as sports (especially now that the CWS is about to come to a close) and things seem to slow down on this board.

And as I am getting back into the mix of things, work has kept me from doing the things I enjoy as of late  :'(
part of me started to reflect on last season roller coaster ride that lead us to our First Bowl Victory.
Which lead me to play back some of the many moments that help define the season last year.

What are some of you guys greatest memories from last season.

-The USF game was not only a great game, but inculded one of the best game time atmosphere at Lockhart for an Owl game.

-The ULM game, even thought it was a lost, did provide some interesting twist and turns.

-Of course no one can forget our first Bowl Game and Victory over the Tigers.

-The first game against the Blue Raiders and the first game time Harmon Leap.

Seems like every game had a defining type of moment, I just listed a few things to get things started.

Back to the top

Re: Reflective moments

The fans moving from one endzone to another...

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

The fans moving from one endzone to another…

as a fan that stayed through the entire ULM game, that was THE BEST moment of the season, soaking wet, hours into the game, everyone on there feet and thousands of diehard fans that stayed through the rain running from end to end and screaming their heads off, even the USF game with its packed crowd and chants of "over rated" couldn't beat this moment

this is the stuff that made me realize that FAU will one day have the fan support and atmosphere of FSU, UM, UF
Back to the top

my best memory from that ULM game was Nunzio trying to take on the ENTIRE ULM football team lol. We were standing right along the fence when they started with us and he was ready to take on the entire team. The best part about it, was FLNATIVE was there too holding him back and somehow in his drunken stupor it worked.

Aside from that the Troy game was awesome, I wasn't in Troy for the game but I was sitting at the center table in the middle of Duffy's sweating my @$$ off in the small room with Nunzio, FLNative, Wpierso3 and a few other people. That place was rockin! it was loud and it felt like we were actually a big time school, we had the entire restaurant watching the game and cheering like we were there. I remember at one point ALL of Duffy's was chanting OOOOMAAARRR.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

1 am on Bourbon Street.

Talk about bone-chilling

800+ people took over the street and chanted FAU for about a half-hour

then we went back to drinking

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Reflective moments

Best football moments, in chronological order:

- Watching about 25 people from MTSU sing their alma mater in the parking lot. We wouldn't have that kind of enemy fan support at Lockhart until USF. I hope they bring a larger contingent down this year.
- Looking up at the scoreboad in Dolphin Stadium and seeing 35-14 against Minnesota and knowing for certain that we were going to win this game.
- A USF fan pleading, "Please don't beat us" to passing FAU fans in line for the bathroom at halftime
- The Overtime Shuffle and seeing thrown water bottles from FAU fans bounce off the head of ULM players gloating along the fence
- Walking 20 minutes just to get to the Swamp and being part of that whole atmosphere up at UF
- Being up 35-3 against FIU
- When Omar Haugabook's pass fell incomplete and Duffy's went f****** crazy
- same thing, only with Memphis
Back to the top

Partying on Bourbon St. & the New Orleans experience was awesome.

Something about the ULM game, it carried so many different emotions that left me drained afterward.  And yes, watching the crowd moving from end-zone to end-zone was great on many levels, showed that do have passionate fans that would go thru the trouble of doing it to gain an advantage and show support for our players, which could have been part of the reason why ULM players reacted the way they did.  This what makes for great conference games and rivalries.

The USF game, apart from the game-tie atmosphere, was a great game.  Just the way the players where able to compete with them, after the way the Bulls had played & beat WVU on national TV.  It was a tribute to how the players prepared for this game and ultimately preformed under that kind of pressure.

The first game of the Season was special, just the way the team played from start to finish - a complete game.

The Troy victory was also a highlight, that set-up the stage for New Orleans.

The turning point of the season was the ULM game, that loss brought the players closer & I believe made them more focus on the task at hand.  They understood that their goals of winning the conference Title was still within their reach, if they took care of business which they did.

Back to the top

Lets see…At the very beginning of the year I told FAUtuba that if we beat MTSU we are going to a bowl game, I was joking, sorta. Having that come true was pretty awesome. Marching in the Swamp was pretty sweet, then marching in the Orange bowl was cool too(I've been a UM fan growing up). The Troy game was amazing. I would have gone to the game, but I had to work, and my friend was texting me at work pretty much every play. I was checking my text messages every 5 seconds and could barely pay attention to helping customers,lol, I did get to watch the second half which was awesome. I called everyone I knew screaming "WE'RE GOING TO A BOWL!!!" And of course everything about New Orleans. Bourbon st. the sweet hotel. the money,lol. the game of course. One of the most awesome moments was having Coach clapping for us when we came into the hotel. He took a bunch of pictures with us. THAT was an awesome moment.
Back to the top

DI's first kick off return in NO…that's the most excited I have ever been at a sporting event. I honestly almost passed out. So many questions leading up to that point, could we handle the big stage? How would the players react? And we showed up and stuffed it down their throats. The season was great leading up to then and so many great moments but that is something I'll remember for the rest of my life. The march from the Superdome to that bar in NO was pretty sweet too, buying cans of beer of a homeless dude singing the fight song the whole way to the party.
Back to the top

without a doubt it had to be the ULM game, i was right upfront with now one of my close tailgating buddies (Dirty #2) running from endzone to endzone in the pouring rain with Jab, Flnative, Wpierso, and others…….I have been to a lot of college games at other schools in florida and NOTHING will ever beat that game it was simply amazing, i wish there was a video of all of us doing that…..

other than that, besides the obvious of the bowl game and the USF crowd, i would have to say it would be closing out the O.B. in a dominate fashion, that was an amazing game, ohh yah and i got to take home a seat too!
Back to the top
Control functions: