Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Interesting review site about schools...

Add topic

Not sure if anyone here has seen it before.  www.studentsreview.com  It honestly has every school you can imagine available for review.  Here's what people had to say about FAU-

Florida Atlantic University (StudentsReview) - College Reviews Summary, Student Opinion, Tuition, Application, Sports

To read all comments click on the link below the pie chart.  You can also leave your own review.  I used this site quite a lot when looking up schools.  It would seem some people are a little harsh on FAU but i still think they have a decent rating.  I think someone must have had fun with the perceptual ratings…

Anyhow tell me what you think.  You don't even have to register to leave a review.
Back to the top

Re: Interesting review site about schools...

Interesting review site about schools...

The said

Not sure if anyone here has seen it before.  www.studentsreview.com  It honestly has every school you can imagine available for review.  Here's what people had to say about FAU-

Florida Atlantic University (StudentsReview) - College Reviews Summary, Student Opinion, Tuition, Application, Sports

To read all comments click on the link below the pie chart.  You can also leave your own review.  I used this site quite a lot when looking up schools.  It would seem some people are a little harsh on FAU but i still think they have a decent rating.  I think someone must have had fun with the perceptual ratings…

Anyhow tell me what you think.  You don't even have to register to leave a review.

Yep, been there.

The thing you have to remember with all of these rating sites is, much like RateMyProfessor, the people who are most likely to comment are people who are mad at the school and are taking out by trying to drive others away from it.

You must have recognized that too since you saw the negative reviews and still applied here. Excellent work.

You know, at some point, everyone experiences issues with the staff – Financial Aid, Housing, Registrar, Advisors – we have differences of opinion, you don't know something but they're tired of reiterating it to students, etc etc
It happened to all of us… happened to me several times… but I still love the school, you know?

I've had some truly inspiring professors, I've met some amazing people (all my current friends are people I met at FAU), and I've had great times (USF game, Fall Family Fest, conventions, watching the Greeks battle it out during Greek Week, walking around campus at night and talking about life, etc)

So I always tell people, if you come here with the right mindset, you can love it here.

Back to the top

owlcountry said

The said

Yep, been there.

The thing you have to remember with all of these rating sites is, much like RateMyProfessor, the people who are most likely to comment are people who are mad at the school and are taking out by trying to drive others away from it.

You must have recognized that too since you saw the negative reviews and still applied here. Excellent work.

You know, at some point, everyone experiences issues with the staff – Financial Aid, Housing, Registrar, Advisors – we have differences of opinion, you don't know something but they're tired of reiterating it to students, etc etc
It happened to all of us… happened to me several times… but I still love the school, you know?

I've had some truly inspiring professors, I've met some amazing people (all my current friends are people I met at FAU), and I've had great times (USF game, Fall Family Fest, conventions, watching the Greeks battle it out during Greek Week, walking around campus at night and talking about life, etc)

So I always tell people, if you come here with the right mindset, you can love it here.

Yeah, very true.  Here's the thing about all the negative reviews.  I mean look at the other 3 school's FAU has to competed with as far as social life goes: FSU, UF, UM.  Of course kids from Florida are going to write that the social, Boca ETC. sucks when they believe every school should be like Tally or Gainesville.  However bad people try and make the social life seem i'm willing to put money down that FAU has a 10X better social life than my previous Community College.
Back to the top

Afterlifemobile,

you seem to be a smart guy, you know to take everything on the web with a grain of salt.  Like you said, compared to UF, FSU, and UM, our social scene is lacking, but we are a (hate to use it) "commuter"school, and they are not.  I think I have told you this in another topic, but no matter where you go you can find a good time.  I had a great time when I was down there, and many of my friends from FAU I still talk to and visit quite often.  The boca/deerfield area worked great for me because I am not a fancy club type of guy, give me a good bar (irish pub if possible), live music, and pretty girls, and I'm happy.  Miami can keep their $20 cover charges and $8 beers.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

duder said

Afterlifemobile,

you seem to be a smart guy, you know to take everything on the web with a grain of salt.  Like you said, compared to UF, FSU, and UM, our social scene is lacking, but we are a (hate to use it) "commuter"school, and they are not.  I think I have told you this in another topic, but no matter where you go you can find a good time.  I had a great time when I was down there, and many of my friends from FAU I still talk to and visit quite often.  The boca/deerfield area worked great for me because I am not a fancy club type of guy, give me a good bar (irish pub if possible), live music, and pretty girls, and I'm happy.  Miami can keep their $20 cover charges and $8 beers.

Thank god, I hate the night club guido scene as well.  I'm coming down with tame expectations but my no means am i in the dumps.  I think FAU is going to be an interesting experience and I'm pretty excited.
Back to the top
Control functions: