Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Jarvis' Staff Set...Almost

Add topic

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/fau/blog/2008/06/interrupt_the_tale_for_breakin.html

All the papers have not been signed, but I am 99.9 percent sure this is who will be on the sidelines at The Burrow come November:

Mike Jarvis Jr. is No. 1 assistant, and will probably have title of associate head coach.

Two other assistants fit the bill of young, hungry, and affordable: Matt McCall of Florida and Tim Kaine of Winthrop.
HERE's A BIO of Kaine. Note the Coach K connection. Jarvis and Coach K are tight.

Both McCall and Kaine are getting promotions, since they were both directors of basketball operations at their previous posts. But both come from winning programs, which Jarvis wanted.

In my view, Mike Jr. coming means Jarvis will be sticking around for a while. You would have to think that Senior will groom Junior to take over when he retires, and best chance of doing that is building the FAU program into a winner.

Jarvis on the departure of Pena, Shine and Sutton: "The bad news is we have five scholarships to fill, the good news is we have five scholarships to fill. I want people who are excited to be here. We are recruiting some really good kids right now."

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Jarvis' Staff Set...Almost

"We are recruiting some really good kids right now"

Boo-yah!

;D

GET ER DUN!
Back to the top

I too like the idea of MJ Jr. being groomed to take over once MJ Sr. is ready to call it quits. It works in George Town

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Hmmmm, are we overlooking the fact that Thompson Jr. had a pretty impresssive record as HC at Princeton???? :-\ :-\

Father-son coaching dynastys are a modern invention and need time for a valid perspective to be formed.
Back to the top

NewOwlOldBBFan said

Hmmmm, are we overlooking the fact that Thompson Jr. had a pretty impresssive record as HC at Princeton???? :-\ :-\

Father-son coaching dynastys are a modern invention and need time for a valid perspective to be formed.

Yeah, I'm not sold on this one…but simply dont have enough information as this point.

See Eddie Sutton for a REALLY bad case of father/son tandem and "pass-off"…….

Sean rarely was in control and mostly looked like a nervous wreck on the sidelines - covered in sweat and rubbing his balding scalp.  They even brought in another coach at the very end of his tenure, which must have been a total embarassment for him, and the guy was pratically running the show during games. Sad…….
Back to the top

I do like the way he is handling the way the recruits opted out of their commitments - you have to find a positive.  And if they don't want to be here then boo-yah!! I will shed no tears for these guys.

We need to find guys that want to be HERE.

Even with all the  positive spin, there is still a BIG hill to climb to get things back on track.
Back to the top

When life gives you  lemons—-make lemonade

Los will play more Center than Power Forward with the loss of Sutton
Nwoji will be 3 inches shorter after playing 35+minutes
Paul will thrive with the extra minutes and role of second look on offense after Los
'Chez and Perkins will step up or be recruited around next year
Sammy and Royster HAVE  TO FIND their confidence

A lot of questions here, but a lot of OPPORTUNITY for players to find themselves.  MJ is not used to losing, so everyone needs to understand that fact and take ACTION now to insure they can provide their best starting on Day ONE
Back to the top

NewOwlOldBBFan said

Just another Father grooming his son: Tom Davis groomed Keno Davis, who was just named national coach of the year for this past season at Drake and is now the HC at Providence.
Back to the top

Jarvis' Staff Set...Almost

I met his Dad - class act.  Son may be a great coach, but he left Drake twice as fast as RW left FAU. ;D ;D
Back to the top

He also made the tournament and had a good year.
Back to the top
Control functions: