Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Amazing that no one has been hired yet

Add topic

No matter who you are hoping gets the FAU job, I think we can all agree that it is terrible that we still dont have a coach.  The season ended for us weeks ago and taking this long is unexcusable.  Whoever gets hired will have virtually no chance to get a good rectuing class together.  Some of the rumoured possibilities all want the job badly(Delmonico,McCormick) and would take it right away so we know they havent been offered the job.  I sure I hope they have a shockingly big name to reward us for all the wait, but it doesnt look like it.    Lets hope we hear something soon!!!  >:(
Back to the top

Re: Amazing that no one has been hired yet

If it's anything like the Basketball hire  :P

I just don't get the none urgency factor of hiring a coach and why they are taking soo long.
Making a quick decision is part of keeping some form of stability.

Yet, you do want them to make a good choice.

Back to the top

Yeah its pretty much looking like we will be having two athletic programs taking big steps backwards this up and coming year.  All because the Ath Dept took its sweet damn time hiring someone they pretty much knew they would be offering to in the beginning.  Yeah we'll have good coaches but we are basically giving them Jack Sh*t to start work with. 
Back to the top

There was no excuse for Baseball either, Cooney had made his retirement known well in advance.
Back to the top

Dont know If you read Teds blog today he opens up saying McCormick is pretty much a lock for getting the job.  Interesting.
Back to the top

Amazing that no one has been hired yet

Looks like it's official. Apparently Cooney says it's a done deal…

FAU's John McCormack to be named baseball coach

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Its OVER!

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: