Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The Owl Auction

Well this is kinda sad.  2 days to go and no bids at all on any of the items up for auction.  The weird thing is that the "Travel with the football team to Austin" is actually a good deal.  $500 for 2 people, includes airfare, hotel, tickets, and the experience of traveling with the team.

The townhouse rental for an unspecified time is shady but could be fun for a party

The European golf vacation. $500 to go to Doonbeg Golf Club in Ireland…pretty good until you find out it doesnt include airfare.

But this one seems like it would get fans - be in the broadcaster booth for FAU-FIU at dolphin stadium to help recap the first half and preview the second half!  That sounds amazing. $200.

Then a couple of dance team appearances for $150.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: The Owl Auction

SeminOWL2006 said

Well this is kinda sad.  2 days to go and no bids at all on any of the items up for auction.  The weird thing is that the "Travel with the football team to Austin" is actually a good deal.  $500 for 2 people, includes airfare, hotel, tickets, and the experience of traveling with the team.

The townhouse rental for an unspecified time is shady but could be fun for a party

The European golf vacation. $500 to go to Doonbeg Golf Club in Ireland…pretty good until you find out it doesnt include airfare.

But this one seems like it would get fans - be in the broadcaster booth for FAU-FIU at dolphin stadium to help recap the first half and preview the second half!  That sounds amazing. $200.

Then a couple of dance team appearances for $150.

The way things are in the economy right now people can't justify spending $500 to go on a trip to Texas or $200 to sit in the booth at the FIU game. Especially when it costs half of that just to fill your car up in gas

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I didn't even know there was an auction.  Another example of bad marketing at FAU.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Same here, I had no idea an auction was even taking place. Where is it? I am an alumnus and very interested in the school and yet I am not a member of anything, I don't receive anything with information either, no newsletter, nothing. I really think FAU needs to focus more on connecting with its alumni base. Sending newsletters, email, etc. would get more people involved and generate more donations. How do UF/FSU treat their alumni? I am sure they have more contact with them than FAU does.

So the next question is how do I get more involved?
Back to the top

Lago said

Same here, I had no idea an auction was even taking place. Where is it? I am an alumnus and very interested in the school and yet I am not a member of anything, I don't receive anything with information either, no newsletter, nothing. I really think FAU needs to focus more on connecting with its alumni base. Sending newsletters, email, etc. would get more people involved and generate more donations. How do UF/FSU treat their alumni? I am sure they have more contact with them than FAU does.

- join the owl club
- join the alumni association
- check fausports.com every 12 hours

lol

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

The Owl Auction

fauowl09 said

Lago said

- join the owl club

lol

It may be "lol" to you, but it is a serious question. How the hell am I supposed to know what to join when nobody tells me or anyone else about it. Where do I find the owl club? What does it do? I registered on the Alumni Association's website, is that all I have to do?
Back to the top

Lago said

fauowl09 said

Lago said

- join the owl club

lol

It may be "lol" to you, but it is a serious question. How the hell am I supposed to know what to join when nobody tells me or anyone else about it. Where do I find the owl club? What does it do? I registered on the Alumni Association's website, is that all I have to do?

wow wait wait… i was not laughing in a sarcastic manner, i was laughing at the last one of my points, because i check fausports.com at least once an hours (it's a bad addiction i have)

www.faualumni.org should have plenty of answers for you on everything you want to know… if not, contact lee collier, director of the alumni association [email protected]… she is a nice lady

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

fauowl09 said

Lago said

- join the owl club

lol

I am a member of both and still had no idea there was an auction.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

fauowl09 said

Lago said

fauowl09 said

Lago said

- join the owl club

lol

wow wait wait… i was not laughing in a sarcastic manner, i was laughing at the last one of my points, because i check fausports.com at least once an hours (it's a bad addiction i have)

www.faualumni.org should have plenty of answers for you on everything you want to know… if not, contact lee collier, director of the alumni association [email protected]… she is a nice lady

Ok, well I registered with the Alumni Association's website. What does the Owl Club do?
Back to the top

The auction pop-up window comes up when you go to www.fausports.com. It was also on the front page. We can't expect FAU to tell us everything that goes on…..we have to do some research ourself. If we were told about every little thing going on that may be of interest, we would get "junk" mail too often and the important stuff for mediocre-fans would fall through the cracks.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: