Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU at Texas

FAU at Texas

I think you guys win this one. Last year, I said no way Troy beats any of the BCS teams on their schedule, but they proved me wrong with a win over Oklahoma State. I believe you guys will win this game. My bet is 34-27. Here's why:

Texas' pass defense was ranked 109th in 2007 and will be starting two redshirt freshmen at safety in 2008. Texas brings back 4 TOTAL on defense and ranks 119 out of 120 in NCAA Team Experience as a team.

FAU brings back 10 on offense will a stellar passing attack and ranks 6th in NCAA Team Experience.

FAU will roll into Austin with the upset on mind, and Texas may be ill prepared. I personally think FAU's passing attack versus Texas' Passing Defense, will be the major factor in a win at Texas. I'd be really surprised if FAU scored less than 30 points.
Back to the top

Re: FAU at Texas

TroyTrojan said

Texas' pass defense was ranked 109th in 2007 and will be starting two redshirt freshmen at safety in 2008. Texas brings back 4 TOTAL on defense and ranks 119 out of 120 in NCAA Team Experience as a team.

FAU brings back 10 on offense will a stellar passing attack and ranks 6th in NCAA Team Experience.

Been reading Phil Steele?? ;D
Back to the top

it would be great for the entire sunbelt not just FAU. alabama, minnesota, oklahoma state were great wins last year, with a half of the belt getting a winning nonconference record this year, which is feasible with a bunch of mac and conference usa games, it will give the conference some notoriety and more bowl games
Back to the top

Man, I hope so. For me, a win here is the ace in the hole, especially since a lot of magazines are rating them in the Top 15 teams (in a lot of cases, in the Top 10).

Like Exit39 said, it would be great for the entire Belt. It would be awesome if someone, FAU or not, were able to achieve a Top 25 ranking because of the excitment and attendance it would bring to conference games. I was reading that the SBC is starting to lure away players from Big Ten programs and such, a fact that will hopefully bode well for everyone's future OOC success.

Back to the top

No offense at all to the Troy poster, but Texas is a whole different story than OSU.  If you watched Texas' bowl game last year you saw that their young talent finally developed and they looked pretty nasty.

Also, going into Austin is one of the toughest places to play.  They've only lost a handful of games there in the past 10 years or so.

Back to the top

UCFKnight85 said

No offense at all to the Troy poster, but Texas is a whole different story than OSU.  If you watched Texas' bowl game last year you saw that their young talent finally developed and they looked pretty nasty.

Also, going into Austin is one of the toughest places to play.  They've only lost a handful of games there in the past 10 years or so.

Yeah, well did you know that FAU has never lost in Austin.
Back to the top

UCFKnight85 said

No offense at all to the Troy poster

And no offense to you, but:

You almost beat them…and we have the same caliber offense and i believe a  better defense this year than you had…and they don't have very many starters returning on either side of the ball where it counts…and we have all of ours basically…and they start two RS freshman in the secondary (big advantage for our passing game)…and:

Well, you get my point…which is:

This is THE year to play Texas - period.  Its time.

OWL TIME.

;)
Back to the top

Lets not forget that Arkansas State also took them to the wire last year…when they had a more experienced team than this year….I agree, if there is a time to play (and beat) Texas, it is now.

Now if only Troy can knock off LSU and OSU….that plus an FAU win against Texas would make the rest of the season gravy, no matter what happened.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

if we beat texas and troy beats osu and lsu, and we beat troy, that would have to guarantee us........ at least one sold out home game.....hahahaha
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

Now if only Troy can knock off LSU and OSU…..

Not to get off topic, but isn't Troys former offensive coordinator at LSU??  Or did i get that wrong…..
Back to the top
Control functions: