Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UCFers on Rivals

Add topic

Everyone that is an FAU fan knows that we don't use rivals, except during recruiting time.  This guy Scizod is always on our rivals page talking trash and others often join him.

He talks about the "Huge Budget Cuts" as if FAU has been singled out to cut its budget.  Newflash, UCF has larger cuts than us.  In fact we have been able to maintain our programs while many other schools have cut programs completely.

Are we having trouble raising money for the stadium? Most of us would think so but in reality we have no clue what is going on with it.  For all we know Bank Atlantic has entered into an agreement with FAU to sponsor but everyone is under contract not to disclose. Nobody knows.  UCF got their deal with Brighthouse 1 year before it opened.  If we go by that logic we should hope for a contract by August 2009.

Also, whether there is funding or not, its moving forward, the A/E will be selected from the current shortlist after meetings in a few weeks.  The CM will obviously follow that, and proposals for CM were due TODAY.

The Rivals site is dead and yes there is almost never a new story on it.  But its chicken and the egg.  If theres no FAU fans on it, then they have no incentive to update it, and if they dont update it what incentive do we have to be on it.  The Owl's Nest serves us much better in so many ways.

The hospital is in trouble, but what FAU has to do with that is beyond me.  They were in trouble long before FAU suggested the teaching hospital on campus.  If we never get a hospital on campus, so what?  Our med program is going forward and that land on campus can always become more housing or academic buildings.  It wouldnt be hard to place FAU med students in local hospitals through agreements.

Why are these people on that board talking about something they know nothing about.  Is it fear?  Jealousy of our bowl win? Dunno.  But if they want to discuss FAU topics they know where to find us.  Until then they can have fun giggling to themselves while we leave them in the dust.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: UCFers on Rivals

SeminOWL2006 said

Everyone that is an FAU fan knows that we don't use rivals, except during recruiting time.  This guy Scizod is always on our rivals page talking trash and others often join him.

This is why i have ZERO respect for the moderation team on rivals…i was booted off of that site for FAR LESS (simply defending HS) than Scizod, who is consistently confrontational in his tone, and approach…

Glad im not the only one who sees the lack of consistency in their management approach…….
Back to the top

Scizod just hates FAU.  I get tired of arguing with him, and besides, what's the point?  Nobody's going to read it anyway.  He's apparently a disgruntled former FAU student who didn't like the way he purportedly was treated once by HS at the hospital scizod works at.  Hence, his hatred of FAU.  Whatever. ::)

It would be nice to get some more voices over there if for no other reason than to defend FAU and set the record straight on some things.  Most of the time, it feels like just me and a couple other guys, and I'm not an insider by any stretch, so I'm pretty limited with what I can fight back with.  You might not like the Rivals board, but I sometimes wonder, given the popularity of Rivals, how the inactivity makes us look to outsiders.  I mean, there were two stretches of more than a week without a post in the last month, alone.

It is pretty sad that there are more UCFers on the FAU board that FAUers, but there are reasons for it.  Due respect to the mod, but it's pretty clear that he isn't an FAU guy, doesn't show much enthusiasm for FAU sports, and as a result, it's just not a very welcoming place for FAU fans.  I think he'd be better served by trying to start a few more discussions about FAU sports, and not just "Look who visited last weekend" and "Nike camp update" and whatnot.
Back to the top

The said

Due respect to the mod, but it's pretty clear that he isn't an FAU guy, doesn't show much enthusiasm for FAU sports, and as a result, it's just not a very welcoming place for FAU fans.  I think he'd be better served by trying to start a few more discussions about FAU sports, and not just "Look who visited last weekend" and "Nike camp update" and whatnot.

Good points Big Dog…

I spoke with him on the phone after the "boot" and he was cordial, etc…but he is in it for the recruiting vanatge soley…he is a nice guy, and even comes on this board occassionally, but i dont see the passion that you refer to…

Not throwing him under the bus, just being objective…

I tried to enagage people and had some folks responding in dialougue, etc…then i spoke against something he said once or twice and he booted me off…oh well, whatever! ;D

Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

The said

Due respect to the mod, but it's pretty clear that he isn't an FAU guy, doesn't show much enthusiasm for FAU sports, and as a result, it's just not a very welcoming place for FAU fans.  I think he'd be better served by trying to start a few more discussions about FAU sports, and not just "Look who visited last weekend" and "Nike camp update" and whatnot.

Good points Big Dog…

I spoke with him on the phone after the "boot" and he was cordial, etc…but he is in it for the recruiting vanatge soley…he is a nice guy, and even comes on this board occassionally, but i dont see the passion that you refer to…

Not throwing him under the bus, just being objective…

I tried to enagage people and had some folks responding in dialougue, etc…then i spoke against something he said once or twice and he booted me off…oh well, whatever! ;D

Alright, I'm going in.  I don't have the time I used to for this stuff but let's have some fun.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

It's important to keep any UCF/FAU disputes on Rivals where no one cares rather than bring it here.

Back to the top

UCFers on Rivals

I think NOT having people on rivals, where every other team is, has its advantages.

Just think you are a Texas fan, dont know much about FAU, do some research see they won a minor bowl, ok, look on their rivals and all the people on it are trash talking and have nothing good to say about it.  Now maybe you arent just a fan but you are a player out to see what hes up against.  HA if he checks the depth chart he will be preparing for a team long graduated.

That being said I do think we should reclaim it….but id also rather have someone moderating that gave a crap.. Ted? Interested?

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

I think NOT having people on rivals, where every other team is, has its advantages.

I had a question a few months ago and wanted to ask the UTA (University of Texas Austin) fans where I should stay hotel wise, I didn't even think about rivals. I did a google search for Texas Longhorns message board and it came back with http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=football although there's no talk about us, at least not yet

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

SeminOWL2006 said

I had a question a few months ago and wanted to ask the UTA (University of Texas Austin) fans where I should stay hotel wise, I didn't even think about rivals. I did a google search for Texas Longhorns message board and it came back with http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=football although there's no talk about us, at least not yet

Oh yes there is…..there was an HS thread posted…
Back to the top

The said

Oh yes there is…..there was an HS thread posted…

Yeah they don't think very much of us. Not surprised. Hopefully their team feels the same way.
Back to the top
Control functions: