Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Which Florida Fan Base can't you stand the most?

Which Florida Fan Base Can't You Stand The Most?

FIU
UF
FSU
USF
UCF
UM

You must select between 1 and 48 options

For me, it's got to be UCF.  Don't get me wrong we've got some cool UCF fans on here. I also can't stand UF or UM  but i've been following the rivals issue for a little while now.  UCF hasn't really accomplished anything.  It wasn't but a few years ago that UCF was a giant commuter school in the middle of Florida.  Now they have a few guys drafted and get a new stadium and all of the sudden they are so above the other young programs? Get real.  I'm not trying to start a war or anything i just miss football season so much haha.
Back to the top

Re: Which Florida Fan Base can't you stand the most?

yeah theres a lot of UCF fans that think their sh*t doesnt stink.  I have no idea why, i guess one great year and a new stadium will do that to ya.  Um fans have to be the worst losers in the country, just look at some posts over on the scout site after Um got beat by UGA in the college world series.  Uf,……….Im not even gonna start.  Ive never had probs with FSU or USF fans
Back to the top

It's weird… I love Gainesville, I love hanging out at UF, I loved the UF/FAU game… but I absolutely hate seeing Gator stuff down here… especially now over the summer when all the UF kids are back in Boca and driving around with their huge vinyl Gator head stickers on their cars. They have a Heisman QB and came off a NC last year so I understand them being so proud.

FSU fans don't really bother me. I just don't feel the pressure from them right now, probably because FSU has been underperforming (i.e. not beating Florida, not contending for national championships) so the fans aren't as crazy-in-your-face as they could be.

FIU fans don't have much to talk about right now. Sportswise, not a lot happening, especially versus us (no offense to the FIU people) but academically they're doing well.

UCF fans… no comment. I'll say that there is a tremendous difference between the online UCF fans and the "real world" UCF students I've met (and gotten along with great)

USF had a great year. I completely understand them being so excited about their team and their future. I don't like their coach at all but I don't mind their fans; they were very respectful when they came on here. They showed tremendous character and that impressed me. They also gave us one of the most awesome football games of the year, so hats off to them.

I only see UM stuff every now and then… and I haven't heard anyone talk about Miami football in the last six months. So yeah, they don't bother me.
Back to the top

Growing up a Miami fan and still a Miami fan I learned to hate FSU…especially since it was after the end of the UF-Miami rivalry.  Now I go to FSU and everyone I have ever known that has gone to FSU has been chill, I've relaxed about that and will root for FSU when they are not playing Miami or FAU.

In the same time that my feeling on FSU were relaxing, I began to loathe UF.  Everyone I ever knew in High School that went to UF came out with this arrogance that I cant get past.  The UF-FAU game was fun, but mostly because we put the fear of God in them there in the 2nd quarter.  It felt like the Vanderbilt game a few years back where Vandy, in a near empty Swamp, came so close to beating the Gators.  My vote goes to UF.

FIU fans are nice enough, they dont have any arrogance thats for sure.

USF fans are fun because they are exactly what we want to become, jumping 20,000 in average attendance in one year and becoming contenders.  They were also nice during the FAU-USF game.

UCF fans are like us in many respects except that they have an inferiority complex related to their lopsided rivalry with USF.  They can't beat them so they look at us who are up and coming and both fear us and hate the idea that we might be better now or ever.  They rely on rivals and its arbitrary star ratings to talk down to us while we quietly win the games we need to win.  We dont need to recruit players on rivals with stars because Howard GIVES THEM STARS.  He knows how to get guys that are motivated and hardworking players to outperform "stars".  They also hate that we will soon have the newest on campus stadium in the US, and it might even have water fountains!  That being said, the real life UCF fans are nice enough, its the zealots that show up online that are problematic.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

UF and UCF
Back to the top

There is nothing worse than an arrogant UF fan. Especially the ones that graduated in '92 and act like it was anything more than a state school in the sticks back then. All you needed to get into UF back then was a drivers license and a heartbeat.

I'll never take anything away from their success, they have an unreal athletic program but their fans are jerks.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

There is nothing worse than an arrogant UF fan.

Except two UF fans…………..

;D

Right on Team!
Back to the top

Without question UF!

Beware The Talons Of The Mighty Owls
Back to the top

Which Florida Fan Base can't you stand the most?

In many respects the irritability or arrogance of fans directly correlates to that teams on-field performance. I'm sure FSU fans during their great run were pretty dislikable, same for UM and UF fans. But to me the fans who I can't stand the most are UCF. But I think its more of a case of "instant fame" - in the sense that they haven't had success on the level such as the last few years before and now that they have gotten a little taste they dont exactly know how to handle it. But that only goes for the fans who take it that far, I'm sure others support their team in a positive manner. My only hope is that FAU fans don't start to behave in that manner now that the team has expectations and a pretty good previous year.
Back to the top

I'm going to say The U, simply because most of their so called "fans" are only wearing their gear as a fashion statement. You know the type, the tough guy wanna be, over sized baggy clothes, driving around in either mom's big SUV or his very own 1993 Honda Civic with the big gaudy rims and loud exhaust. They are as bandwagon as they come when they get a big win, although it's been quite awhile for their program.
Back to the top
Control functions: