Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

austin

i'm booking my trip this week, is there a group deal or a specific hotel the owl club is staying at? anyone know how the seats will be that there selling? or what kind of tailgate/party there going to have beforehand?
Back to the top

Re: austin

Exit:
Call Lee Collier at 561-297-1172. She has a three-day and two-day package available. Apparently Texas has not "assigned" the FAU seats yet, but we do have a "section" (wherever it may be) and for $65 a ticket, I'm assuming it's in the lower-deck.

Lee's package includes hotel, airfare, ground transportation and perks.

If it's a bit pricey for you, I suggest
getting tickets through FAU athletics ($65 a pop)
getting airfare on Jet Blue (FLL to AUS) or Spirit (FLL to San Antonio) then renting a car ($200 est.)
Tailgate…bring your own beer/food ($20)
FAU Shirt ($20)
Ground transportation ($50)
Hotel ($200 a night) if you are staying with the team.

Broken down that way…FAU offers hassel-free planning for same price.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

austin

thanks smitty, I'm in New York but I'll see if I can get in on the rest of the package, in Austin.
Back to the top

yah anyone know if they are going to open the pregame and postgame festivites to the traveling public?
Back to the top

Don't know Phil. Probably have to pay for the alumni tailgate on gameday.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Back to the top

Spirit Airlines has specials going on. Tickets were as low as $9 for the weekend of the game.

Back to the top

WOW! $9.00 bucks thats jsut sick….wish i could have got my hands on those tickets…….that would have saved so much more money for the bars
Back to the top

just got the email about the package and man what a rip off. 545 bucks to stay at a sh!t hotel on the airports ground, a ticket and a tailgate. plus i'm going to be hanging after the game not going back to the hotel bar 12 miles away from the stadium. hotels that are downtown and nice are 200.

hotel 200
game ticket 65
cabs 80
pregame party 30?40?
i figure you could do the samething for 385 on the high end and stay in a nice place and donate the 160 dollar difference to the stadium.
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Spirit Airlines has specials going on. Tickets were as low as $9 for the weekend of the game.

and i cant go……………..  >:(

:-\  :'(
Back to the top

Exit?
You forgot to include the price of a plane ticket in your estimations….. unless you are driving. You also included one night night in a hotel, not two, as the package gives you.

You may need to readjust your cost projection.

Don't forget that if the game does get changed to a 7pm game, unless you are driving back after the game, I would suspect you would need to get another hotel room for another night and the package already provides two nights in the hotel.

Back to the top
Control functions: