Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Out with the old...

Add topic

Spin or Reality?

Spin
Reality
Bit of both
Is it October 15th yet?

You must select between 1 and 11 options

So, this is a pretty SLOOOOOOOW time we have here for basketball fans…

Hoping for some NEWS to be put out in the very near future…and we are now long past the news of our now defunct "committments"…so, here is something to ponder upon:

"Pena was the only one that could play."

And a paraphrased statement:

He didn't seem too excited about coming to FAU, so I let him go.

Terms:  No negotiation.  No plea.  No fuss.

Guess who?

Spin, or reality?  You decide.
Back to the top

Re: Out with the old...

A thousand channels and nothing to watch, so I landed on "Old School" and am pretty sure I saw MJ in one of the crowd scenes… ;D

My spin (maybe reality) is that MJ sees a set of returners capable of .500 ball without much supplementation, and since he had not recruited the players, he had no vested interest in selling them on FAU or himself.  The problem is that the true nucleus is Nwoji, Los and PGIII and they are all gone after the season.  So, the "rebuilding year" will be the 2009-2010 season unless MJ can find some "pale blue chippers" that are unhappy with their situation in college NOW.

His record speaks for itself.  The only variable is Fatha Time.  I guess we just hold our breath and wait for the news to be passed to us under the door…… :)
Back to the top

pena was ranked the number one recruit at his position in the sunbelt. I'm sad to see him go. our nucleus needs some help though and i doubt will find anyone for next season.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

pena was ranked the number one recruit at his position in the sunbelt. I'm sad to see him go. our nucleus needs some help though and i doubt will find anyone for next season.

Yeah well I guess we'll never know until bball season if MJ landed anybody else because Rivals doesn't seem to be helping and fausports.com only wants to announce done deals…
Back to the top

Also coming next year MJ can load up since he wont have given scholarships this year.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Yeah well I guess we'll never know until bball season if MJ landed anybody else because Rivals doesn't seem to be helping and fausports.com only wants to announce done deals…

It appears MJ is wise to the likes of rivals.com…he understands its a business that placates to "information"…i dont believe he holds the same perogative, as our last coach did, towards phone calls aimed at him detailing his white board and then them trying to sell subcriptions with it…

in any event, we will have news before seasons start…im actually surprised there hasn't been any official announcement(s) recently…
Back to the top

Out with the old...

maybe official announcements went out with the old.  ;)

time seems to have conspired against MJ, and IMHO he is doing the right thing by "holding 'em" for next year. Again, we should be competitive with our seniors and build around whichever underclassman steps up this year.  It would be nice if it was Royster cause building out is a lot easier than building in.
Back to the top

Just a thought.  We may be a little too harsh on MJ's holding things too close to the vest.  It just may be that with the BOT requiring new hires to be vetted, the decision has been made to stifle announcements until everything is in place.  Also, how much can one man do in re: recruiting, finding players, getting critical information, coordinating with player coaches, etc.,.

Back to the top

NewOwlOldBBFan said

Just a thought.  We may be a little too harsh on MJ's holding things too close to the vest.  It just may be that with the BOT requiring new hires to be vetted, the decision has been made to stifle announcements until everything is in place.  Also, how much can one man do in re: recruiting, finding players, getting critical information, coordinating with player coaches, etc.,.

he has strong international lines/ties as well…not just the states…eyes and ears a' plenty… :)
Back to the top

nice to know, but he still has only 2 legs, 2 eyes where his competition has at least 8 each, all of whom are (hopefully) operating off the same page in re: players
Back to the top
Control functions: