Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

who are you most excited to see on the field this year?

i'm going with the rs freshman, givens. i bet he's a starter by the middle of the year. the guy is huge and legit. he's going to be a force.
Back to the top

Re: who are you most excited to see on the field this year?

The entire WR package…i Hope they will put up some major numbers and give us a solid five out look that might be unlike  the classic HS TE play, but help us offset Harmon's absense:

Lestar Jean
Cortez Gent
Avery Holley
Darrian Williams
Chris Bonner
Conshario Johnson

SOLID.
Back to the top

I am actually excited to see the LB group play.  They will be really fast and hit really hard, should be fun to watch…especially if that D-Line can open some holes for them.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

The entire WR package…i Hope they will put up some major numbers and give us a solid five out look that might be unlike  the classic HS TE play, but help us offset Harmon's absense:

Lestar Jean
Cortez Gent
Avery Holley
Darrian Williams
Chris Bonner
Conshario Johnson

SOLID.

Remember that Darian Williams got moved to TE in the hopes of making him Harmon's Second Coming. He's very focused and has good hands so I wouldn't be surprised if he does become Harmon's 2008 replacement.

I dunno Conshario Johnson wasn't very impressive last season and I haven't seen Avery Holley on the field so I don't know if he's any good. I know he was decent on the basketball court.

I'm really hoping the running game makes a major leap forward this year. I'm just tired of hearing "Rusty Smith handoff to Charles Pierre for 3 yards." I want big runs because of course it's better for the team and it's more exciting for us as the spectators. But 3-7 yards of course are good enough to net us first downs, so I guess we're alright as long as we don't take a step forward.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Alfred Morris, Eric McIntosh and Jeff VanCamp bring to the game.

I know I keep saying this but Lestar Jean is going to have a big year.
Back to the top

The whole damn team!!!
Back to the top

I am looking foward to seeing me on the field/sideline, found my way there at the FIU game last year and hope to find my way back this year!
Back to the top

owlcountry said

I know I keep saying this but Lestar Jean is going to have a big year.

yeah, i put them in order above to elude to what Hopefully happens productivity wise…not that Snoop didnt have an awesome year last year, but Jean is sersiouly talented as well…and Johnson is last because he isnt a 1st or 2nd option guy…but when you have all FIVE on the field, maybe SIX if Williams is at TE, that's what i meant…thats a pretty rediculous 5 out! :D

Good luck to ANY team we face trying to shut that down with Smith on target to boot…….

Anyway, Williams isn't officially at TE is he??  I thought they were just going to give him some time there possibly??
Back to the top

who are you most excited to see on the field this year?

Florida_Owl said

Lestar Jean
Cortez Gent
Avery Holley
Darrian Williams
Chris Bonner
Conshario Johnson

SOLID.

What about Wifred Riveria?  or is he just for S/T?
Back to the top

The said

What about Wifred Riveria?  or is he just for S/T?
He's a good player and it seems like he definitely wants to break into the starting lineup.

May happen next year but until then he should still be able to get some time here and there. He's not that deep on the depth chart…
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Anyway, Williams isn't officially at TE is he??  I thought they were just going to give him some time there possibly??

Well, his Dad told me they moved him to TE because they said he's a good player but with the depth at WR, he'd have more opportunities – more receptions – as a TE because we often play them like WRs.

Is it temporary? Well, FAU did this same thing a long time ago with a WR named Jason Harmon ;D and he's still TE now so… 
Back to the top
Control functions: