Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU is "Storm ready"

Add topic

Looks like we're the only school in South Florida to get certified by the NOAA. Bring on the storms!

Storm Ready at FAU

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Re: FAU is "Storm ready"

CanadianOwl said

Bring on the storms!

No need to test FAU's readiness.  I'm happy just assuming they'll be fine.

Signed,
A Homeowner
Back to the top

I LOVE Hurricanes
Back to the top

CanadianOwl said

Looks like we're the only school in South Florida to get certified by the NOAA. Bring on the storms!

Storm Ready at FAU

We were very fortunate last year. Every time the hurricanes come through… despite delaying classes… they tear up everything at FAU, from trees to lights… costs us a lot of money we don't have.
Back to the top

FAU is "Storm ready"

Hey maybe thats the solution to the financial crisis, FEMA to the rescue!

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

I found this a little funny when I first read this on FAU's website.  FAU is the first 'storm ready' university in South Florida… that mean's we beat FIU(again), where the National Hurricane Center is located!

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

FAUtuba said

I found this a little funny when I first read this on FAU's website.  FAU is the first 'storm ready' university in South Florida… that mean's we beat FIU(again), where the National Hurricane Center is located!

And UM if we ever play them.
Back to the top

Does that include the University of South Florida or are we talking about the REAL Universities in S. Florida  ;D

2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Ya'll got my reference to our highest ranking government official alumni right…..FEMA administrator Paulison…

Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

Ya'll got my reference to our highest ranking government official alumni right…..FEMA administrator Paulison…

Yeah but he's one of those "Carrot Top" kind of Alumni… we're better off not making the connection between them and our university  8)
Back to the top
Control functions: