Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

TAKE NOTE: Funding quote from HS

Add topic

I'm not throwing anyone under the bus for being doubtful, and even Ted for his take on the quote, but this is classic HS, and i consider this GREAT NEWS…NOT optimism:

"The money is a done deal. You think we would sit through this if it wasn't?" was the reply."

Link

Back to the top

Re: TAKE NOTE: Funding quote from HS

I hate to do this, but the very next line is:

"Now, that is Howard The Eternal Optimist talking, but hopefully he is right."

We all know Howard sets lofty goals and thinks far ahead…
Back to the top

TAKE NOTE: Funding quote from HS

I will believe it when it becomes official.

I remember promises of a dome, etc. I love Howard, but the truth is that he is an extreme optimist and his word is not the final word.

When a shovel is in the ground I will be happy.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Oh you didnt hear? we got a bond with FreddyMac ;)

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

I will believe it when it becomes official.

I remember promises of a dome, etc. I love Howard, but the truth is that he is an extreme optimist and his word is not the final word.

When a shovel is in the ground I will be happy.

GO OWLS!!!

I agree, with FAU you have to wait for the dirt to be moved before getting excited.
Back to the top

Ted mentions "prominent sponsor activation" and says he doesn't know what it means. I'll translate what it very well could mean…"big money donor funding". The question remains what preceded that comment. Here are some options.

"What we lack is….prominent sponsor activation"

"We are happy to announce…prominent sponsor activation"

"We are seeking…prominent sponsor activation"

You get the point.

Context Ted, give us some context!!!

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I have a gut feeling that FAU will make an announcement about the stadium being funded soon. That doesn't seem like a Howard optimism quote. That sounds like a "we have it but we haven't dotted the I's and crossed the T's" statement.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Ok, all you people with inside contacts go shake the branches and see what falls out.
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

I have a gut feeling that FAU will make an announcement about the stadium being funded soon. That doesn't seem like a Howard optimism quote. That sounds like a "we have it but we haven't dotted the I's and crossed the T's" statement.

Right, there are a lot of reasons you cannot announce things like that until they are completely finalized. 

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

That's my opinion. I am disconnected from the daily gossip in the Ox and on campus because there is this thing called the Gulf of Mexico in my damn way. lol

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: