Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Another Writeup - FAU tied with ULM in 2nd

Has us tied for second with ULM and Troy in first:

The Sports Network Football Bowl Subdivision
Back to the top

Re: Another Writeup - FAU tied with ULM in 2nd

They say don't believe the hype…hm

I think its alot more "hype" to extrapolate the success of Troy from last season into being the 1st place Sun Belt team than it is to do the same with FAU, who returns all the key players.  Troy lost alot, and you cant extrapolate that into automatic first place.

That being said I think the game between the two will decide the champion, and its closer than alot of reviews have shown.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Man, are we putting some serious pressure on a team that went 7-5 (right?) last year or what!?!

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Another Writeup - FAU tied with ULM in 2nd

Fledgling said

Man, are we putting some serious pressure on a team that went 7-5 (right?) last year or what!?!

Pressure can do one of two things:

1) Bring out the best in a team

2) Cause a team to fold

Hopefully we will see the first happen with this team.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Fledgling said

I agree, we need to relax a little on the expectations.
Back to the top

Lago said

Fledgling said

I agree, we need to relax a little on the expectations.

What concerns me is the close losses last year, not to mention the fact that MTSU came to Lockhart as defending 2006 Co-champions of the Sun Belt and we all know how that turned out for them…

Just don't want to fall into that same trap.
Back to the top

Troy has been a very consistent team the past several years and have build a nice reputation of being able to bring their A-Game every week-end.  And with that reputation they have build, the press gives them the edge in the Belt (it also helps the BIG wins they have been able to notch).  WE will get their if we continue to build on the successes & not become complacent (I don't think HS will allow that to happen, yet the players control much of that).

We need to remember that playing in the Sun-Belt there is so much parity and teams are matched up rather close allowing teams to beat just about anyone in conference play.

The where a lot of close games last year, remember that at the beginning of the season the offense took a major step back when Rusty lost 5 of his targets before the season started including the season opener.  That alone will create some timing issues and some confusions.  As the season went along the offense started to click (at the right time) and the rest is history.  It did take time for the offense to gel as a unit.

The defense did enough to keep us in ball games.
Back to the top
Control functions: