Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ESPN Kicking off Football Season at......FAU!

ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit To Kick-Off 2008 College Football Season at FAU

ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit To Kick-Off 2008 College Football Season at FAU - Florida Atlantic Owls Official Athletic Site

July 16, 2008

BOCA RATON, FL - National City, ESPN Radio 760 and Florida Atlantic University are teaming up to present "National City's College Football Kickoff with Kirk Herbstreit." On August 4th, ESPN College Football analyst Kirk Herbstreit will visit the Florida Atlantic University Campus in Boca Raton to headline the event, which will take place on the practice football fields from 5:30 pm to 8 pm.

The event will feature a variety of interactive games and complementary tailgate food as a part of "A Taste of ESPN 760." There will be a special on-site live broadcast of ESPN Radio 760's Palm Beaches GameDay with Evan Cohen from 4 pm to 7 pm and Cohen will serve as emcee of the event.

At 7 pm Herbstreit will take center stage to provide his outlook on the upcoming college football season and answer questions from the audience. The admission is free and will be open to the public. Herbstreit will be available to the media at 5 pm, prior to the start of the event.

Herbstreit is the face of college football. He is the co-host of ESPN's popular "College GameDay," which was recently named favorite studio show by sports fans. Herbstreit is also the analyst on ABC's prime-time Saturday Night Broadcast series. Herbstreit has been a spokesperson for National City since 2004.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: ESPN Kicking off Football Season at......FAU!

Big time boys and girls. BIG TIME.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

ESPN Kicking off Football Season at......FAU!

this is awsome we should bring signs as if this was college gameday :D its my dream for college gameday to come to fau one day but i guss this is a nice start
Back to the top

Cool, but is this being televised?  It doesn't say anything about this being on ESPN.
Back to the top

Radio broadcast, doesnt say anything about TV.  Nonetheless, if we can get alot of fans to go to this it should be a nice way to get people excited about the upcoming season.  Maybe even put a big donation bin for the stadium. 

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Very cool :)

Here's a question though:

Why not have this thing on the new track??
Back to the top

I don't know. Maybe it's easier to broadcast from the field in technical terms. To do radio, you need a phone line (which could be run from the basketball arena, but maybe easier from the Ox?) Or maybe they'll be broadcasting from the Founders room and overlooking practice?

Either way…Turning this into a College Gay Day experience with signs and everything will stick in Herbstriet's mind.

Just think…on opening day when they are doing their picks and he has to pick FAU v. Texas and he says something like: "I was doing a radio show at their school and they had hundreds of fans with painted faces, screaming chants and holding signs. If their fans that are in Austin are anything like the fans on that field, Texas will lose this game both on and off the field."

p.s. If y'all are going to chat….everyone learn the fight song!!!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

This would be a lot cooler if we had broken ground for the new stadium and this event was happening there.

Ugh…

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Either way…Turning this into a College Gay Day experience with signs and everything will stick in Herbstriet's mind.

:o :o :o

Just funnin Smitty ;)

Good call on the Ox…slipped my mind totally…….
Back to the top

When does the summer semester end, my son goes to UCF and he is done on August 2nd, there may not be alot of students on campus for this event.
Back to the top
Control functions: