Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU to play South Carolina in 2009

Re: FAU to play South Carolina in 2009

FAU to play South Carolina in 2009

So can anybody confirm if this is actually true?
Back to the top

Lago said

It is definitely true…easy way is to get a ranscript of the show…well, maybe not so easy! Lol…

Anyway, here is the back peddle afterwards:

Link
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Lago said

It is definitely true…easy way is to get a ranscript of the show…well, maybe not so easy! Lol…

Link

Oh, no, not the quotes. I could care less what he says. I am asking if anyody can confirm we are playing South Carolina in 2009?
Back to the top

Lago said

Florida_Owl said

Lago said

Link

Oh, no, not the quotes. I could care less what he says. I am asking if anyody can confirm we are playing South Carolina in 2009?

I would think that it would probably be part of the same contract signed for the game in 2006 (e.g. it was a two game package deal). I don't know for sure though. Beyond that I don't have any evidence to support the claim that we are playing them in 2009.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

If this turns out to be true, awesome.  This would be a cool road game to go to.  Anyone know how far Columbia SC is from Charleston SC? I got a buddy that is stationed at Charleston AFB, so if it is a doable drive, I'd probably crash over there.  Either way I think that this could be a huge game for us.  A team like SC is exactly the type of OOC game that we need to keep playing, for several reasons:

1.  They are a well recognized team, which equals lots of publicity
2.  While they are well known, I don't think they're anything special, meaning we have a good shot at winning this game
3.  OK, I don't really have another reason, but to restate my point scheduling well known "middle of the pack" teams like SC, and winning will do wonders for our program,  although maybe after this season we won't need any help ;D

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

It all depends on what you consider to be driveable…Charleston is on the coast, Columbia is in the center of the state so it's probably a coupla hours drive.

I seem to remember it being about a 9 hour drive from Boca

Also, on a really depressing note, that was the weekend that OG died.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Also, on a really depressing note, that was the weekend that OG died.

:'(

That was a though day for me, I knew before the game of his passing. It was a sobering day all around.

8-9 hour drive to Columbia, SC sound about right.

I don't might playing the Gamecocks in '09, even with a team that will be inexperience - Advance training type of games that will help remind the young lads of the hard work ahead.  Yet, it would be nice to see what would happen with Rusty leading the way.
Back to the top

I hear ya Bytor, that was a very sad day.
Back to the top

RhodeIslandOwl said

We expand this year with the addition of W.Kentucky so we went from 5 non-conference games to 4.  Not sure if it expands again next year.  I hope not.  I'd rather have another BCS school on the schedule.

From Marcus Nelson's Blog, South Alabama will be joining the conference in 2013.  That will leave us with only 3 non-conference games assuming we are still in the Sun Belt.
Back to the top

RhodeIslandOwl said

RhodeIslandOwl said

We expand this year with the addition of W.Kentucky so we went from 5 non-conference games to 4.  Not sure if it expands again next year.  I hope not.  I'd rather have another BCS school on the schedule.

From Marcus Nelson's Blog, South Alabama will be joining the conference in 2013.  That will leave us with only 3 non-conference games assuming we are still in the Sun Belt.
i think we will still have ooc games we will just rotate who we play in the sbc
Back to the top
Control functions: