Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Men's 2008-09 Basketball Schedule

Add topic

Looks pretty solid…but ALOT of road activity again…32 games, two exhibitions…the seasons keep getting longer.

12 Home games…20 road games…2 DII Exhibitions (Lynn and Rollins @ Home):

08-09 Schedule
Back to the top

Re: 2008-09 Men's Basketball Schedule

It looks good but there must be a date mix up. The schedule says we're playing in the NIT from 11/17-11/25, but it has us playing UMKC on 11/22 in Boca.
Back to the top

sanibel said

It looks good but there must be a date mix up. The schedule says we're playing in the NIT from 11/17-11/25, but it has us playing UMKC on 11/22 in Boca.

Keen eye Sanibel..

Wonder if the tournament involves a rest period??
Back to the top

I'll ask about it over the weekend.
Back to the top

sanibel said

I'll ask about it over the weekend.

Cool!

Ask about his recruits names too will ya?  ;)
Back to the top

Could the fact that we seem to have more road games do with our eyesore of a gym??

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Men's 2008-09 Basketball Schedule

Fledgling said

Could the fact that we seem to have more road games do with our eyesore of a gym??

No, primarily it took them so LONG to hire Jarvis, that most dates were filled on other teams schedules…

Coupled with (at our level) if you want to play the best, most of the time that will be on the road:

"Our philosophy is to play the best teams we can in our non-conference schedule,” Jarvis said.
He worked on getting more games against high profile teams, “but what hurt us was time. By the time I was hired and started looking for games, most dates were filled
.”

- Mike Jarvis

I would say next year, you will see the heavy hitter, or two, come into the burrow…….

He will assuredly go after the Canes (ACC) or may already have them in a 1 -1 (Sanibel if you know please share)…and would expect an A10 or BE team in the mix as well…
Back to the top

Fledgling said

I don't think so.  I actually think the old gym looks pretty good after the renovations.  With the rest of the chairback seating and the "suites" being added this summer, it will look even better.  By no means is it ideal, but it is far from the embarrassment it used to be.
Back to the top

The outside looks nice… but the inside is still kind of ehh…

Anyway, just a thought.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

wow lynn at home…..i love it…….im gonna be all over those guys……

On a serious note….NO UNF this year?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!  what am i going to do without my KYLE fix??!?!?!?!
Back to the top
Control functions: