Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2008 BURROW RENOVATION UPDATE

Add topic

2008 BURROW RENOVATION UPDATE

So I stopped by the Burrow and was able to take a little tour:

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

-The floor was being repainted.

-The new seats were being installed on the east side.

-And I was told that the luxury boxes are not going in this year.  I didn't want to believe that but seeing that no visible work has been done on the balcony, I don't think they would be to finish by the Aug. 1st walk-on try outs.  So I guess that will have to wait another year.

I didn't check the bathrooms but I knew they were supposed to be upgraded also this summer.

I did snap a picture of the yet-to-be-opened Alumni Center, with it's "Lighthouse."  Its pretty nice looking if your ever around campus at night, it kind of flickers red and blue.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

Re: 2008 BURROW RENOVATION UPDATE

very nice…hope to visit the alumni center soon, lounging around with a cigar and a brandy laughing about our 3rd national championship in football, 2nd in basketball, and 4th in baseball.  Has anyone seen my monocle?

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

I am very excited about the Marleen and Harold Forkas Alumni Center. The alumni need a building we can hold receptions in and gather to celebrate the many successes of FAU. Starting this Homecoming, the FAU Alumni Relations office is already hosting events in the building including a Greek Alumni Network Reception and may invite alumni to watch the Homecoming Parade from in front of the building.

Whenever you are lost… look for the light house and it will bring you home.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

FAUtuba said

-The new seats were being installed on the east side.

Can someone e-mail this pic to me please?? cant see it…much appreciated!
Back to the top

glad they decided to keep bleachers for the student section and not install seats. The Dirty Birds are much louder and bleachers make it seem like there are more of us. In total there's only like 10 or so but maybe we can get some more people out there to come cheer with us since the FAU Gestapo wouldn't let Florida_Owl on our side

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

The chair-backs are installed on top of those bleachers.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

very nice…hope to visit the alumni center soon, lounging around with a cigar and a brandy laughing about our 3rd national championship in football, 2nd in basketball, and 4th in baseball.  Has anyone seen my monocle?

You might want to lay off the brandy.  ;)
Back to the top

FAUtuba said

I did snap a picture of the yet-to-be-opened Alumni Center, with it's "Lighthouse."  Its pretty nice looking if your ever around campus at night, it kind of flickers red and blue.

From what I've been hearing, this is a concept that's going to be carried all over campus.

For instance, on gamedays:

The lighthouse will be red.
The light on the side of the entrance to the new Rec Center will be red.
The light on the new obelisk will be red.
Also, if I'm interpreting the Innovation Village sketches correctly, they'll have some sort of light pole structure that could be red.

I say red because that's what the website for the Obelisk project says (with blue for academic events like graduation). I can't imagine that going over well with Schnellenberger…

Still, it will be cool to walk around campus at night, see the same color in different places and know what it means.
Back to the top

DO YOU SEE THE SIZE OF THE NEW OWL (center court)!!!!!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!
Back to the top

Is it going to pulse red?  Hmm if its too bright it may remind me of Amsterdam

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: