Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Florida Football Writers Media Days

Finally some football news! Media Days usually means we'll see some new stories from around the state start to pop up pretty regularly. Howard had some great quotes, saying Rusty will be a first-round draft pick after his senior year.

Howard talks in Tampa

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Re: Florida Football Writers Media Days

"Write that down and circle it"

I like the one about how if theres high demand for stadium seats they could add 10k for 2011.  One step at a time Howie.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

One step at a time Howie.

HS walks in yards…not steps ;)

I like this one as well:

"He’ll be a No. 1 draft choice - write that down and circle it,” Schnellenberger said. “And he will back for his senior year - you can write that down and circle it too.”
Back to the top

If Rusty Smith were to have the kind of season this year that would make him a 1st rounder after his Jr year, I actually wouldn't be too upset if he left :)

Don't get me wrong, I'd be sad to see him go but in order for that to happen we would get to witness either an undefeated or one loss season and the greatest player to ever play for FAU…past present and future…break every record we have, probably set some NCAA records and go to a BCS bowl. It would be a great ride.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

If Rusty Smith were to have the kind of season this year that would make him a 1st rounder after his Jr year, I actually wouldn't be too upset if he left :)

Don't get me wrong, I'd be sad to see him go but in order for that to happen we would get to witness either an undefeated or one loss season and the greatest player to ever play for FAU…past present and future…break every record we have, probably set some NCAA records and go to a BCS bowl. It would be a great ride.

If all of that happened, I wouldn't mind if you were our starting QB the following year.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

An undefeated season, Heisman top 3, BCS game and win, yeh I wouldnt be too unhappy if he was going to get drafted first round and we had to use van camp in 09.  Might even be better since our QB for 2010 would have more experience to take on our opponents in the new stadium.  If all that happened they would have to think about that 40,000 seat upgrade that Howie mentioned.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

An undefeated season, Heisman top 3, BCS game and win, yeh I wouldnt be too unhappy if he was going to get drafted first round and we had to use van camp in 09.  Might even be better since our QB for 2010 would have more experience to take on our opponents in the new stadium.  If all that happened they would have to think about that 40,000 seat upgrade that Howie mentioned.

I think you guys are going to see great things from VanCamp this year. Keep your eye on him in the second quarter when Schnellenberger rolls him out.

If Rusty waits until his senior year to enter the draft, he could potentially (depending on who you ask) be in the same mix as Tebow, so… not to go down that road again but I wouldn't be surprised if Rusty declares after this season to get a better shot.
Back to the top

If Rusty continues to improve I think he'd be a more valuable QB to an NFL team than Tebow…and that will prove true in the draft, so long as Rusty and the team continues to do well.

What on earth would make you think he'd declare after this season? He's not THAT good man. A better shot at what? Not being in the draft with Tebow? He's only one person, one draft choice.
Back to the top

Florida Football Writers Media Days

TeamBeer said

If Rusty continues to improve I think he'd be a more valuable QB to an NFL team than Tebow

Totally agree…

Let's be honest here…Rusty's arm strength IMO (most critical not FB like runs) is better for the NFL game…

They only thing hurting him is the release, but the ball gets to where it has to go so quickly will that truly matter??
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

SeminOWL2006 said

One step at a time Howie.

HS walks in yards…not steps ;)

I like this one as well:

"He’ll be a No. 1 draft choice - write that down and circle it,” Schnellenberger said. “And he will back for his senior year - you can write that down and circle it too.”

I want to hear him say "The football stadium will be ready 2010, write that down and circle it."

Like things, love people.
Back to the top
Control functions: