Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Tim Pollock: "I Hate Non-BCS Florida Teams"

Add topic

First it was his infamous rant against Howard last week.  In that rant he also threw down on UCF and FIU as well based on what HS did (effectively complementing them). (The article was called Howard Schnellenberger and the FAU Owls: Put Up or Shut Up"
Howard Schnellenberger and the FAU Owls: Time to Put Up or Shut Up | Bleacher Report

Now he is specifically going after UCF and George O'Leary with an article called: "George O'Leary and UCF: Time to Come Clean"
George O’Leary and UCF: Time to Come Clean | Bleacher Report

What's next? "Mario Cristobal and FIU: Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is"

Maybe we should thank him for mentioning FAU to a national audience, but when he specifically attacks the two teams in state that won their conferences and starts with the one team that won its bowl you have to wonder, whats his agenda?

As someone that hasn't followed the issue beyond the major headlines I can't comment, and considering that he is just about at the same level as I am regarding the death, I truly believe he shouldnt have either.

I'm just glad that our Sentinel actually is supportive…but I guess that comes from the fact that they know that if they can counter the spin provided by alot of the Post articles, they can gain an audience that the Post is abandoning….no can do in single paper Orlando.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: Tim Pollock: "I Hate Non-BCS Florida Teams"

Tim Pollock: "I Hate Non-BCS Florida Teams"

Tim makes a point O'Leary is handling everything wrong then to take his mistakes out on the newspaper isn't right but this is what you get when you hire a lier for a coach.
Back to the top

Tim Pollock......never heard of him.
Back to the top

Lago said

Tim Pollock……never heard of him.

not a bad thing…….
Back to the top

I think since the posting comes from the "Bleacherreport" website (mind you I have no idea what it is, but can ssure you that it is not mainstream) it is sketchy reporting at best.

The whole thing about going after O'Leary for the death of a player is in bad taste. The timing is also interesting since this happened in March and now that we are just about to football season the author starts to sling mud.

Does anyone know where this site is out of? Is the author from Florida or is he making irrational comments from his bedroom in his mom's basement in Jersey??

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Answer to my own question. He is from South Carolina and he evidently hates all things Florida. He has another article with 'Five Reasons Florida Won't Win the National Championship Let Alone The SEC Title.'

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Answer to my own question. He is from South Carolina and he evidently hates all things Florida. He has another article with 'Five Reasons Florida Won't Win the National Championship Let Alone The SEC Title.'

GO OWLS!!!

We will see how far away he thinks we are after we beat South Carolina next season.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

yah never heard of the guy, so he must be very big…..

This just in….

Phil Palmisano bashes UCF and USF (see below)

"USF AND UCF LIKE TO SMELL MONKEY NUTZ" (see full article next month in "Who Cares Magazine")

I bet just as many people read that as they have read Pollock's (very similar to Polock/Polish) Report
Back to the top

walty12 said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

We will see how far away he thinks we are after we beat South Carolina next season.

Why do you think we can beat South Carolina/Nebraska but not Texas?
Back to the top

owlcountry said

walty12 said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

Seriously?

Why do you think we can beat South Carolina/Nebraska but not Texas?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: