Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Parking

Add topic

Ted's post today got me thinking. Is FAU planning on adding another parking garage over by the stadium site anytime soon? The new rec center and alumni building took a lot of parking and building the stadium will take even more. So it seems another garage would be prudent. 
Back to the top

Re: Parking

I don't know but there will be plenty of parking. It might not be "Boca parking" (aka valet parking like at the mall or … gosh forbid some preppies might have to walk a little bit) but there is plenty of parking on campus. 10,000 cars can easily fit in the parking garages, student union parking, AL building parking lot, SO parking lot, PBCC parking lot and Oxley. 10,000 * 2 people in each car = 20,000 people. Plus those who are in the dorms who already have parking.

I just feel bad for the Executive MBA program people who have classes Saturday afternoons….

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Lago said

Ted's post today got me thinking. Is FAU planning on adding another parking garage over by the stadium site anytime soon? The new rec center and alumni building took a lot of parking and building the stadium will take even more. So it seems another garage would be prudent.

They're going to have to eventually add another parking garage north of the stadium (if not two).

I know they're banking on the Innovation Village parking garages to hold cars for games but look… those garages are probably going to hold 2000 cars at most and between the four dorm buildings, you're looking at 2400 people.

So do the math.

The people who show up from 7 am - 10 am will get premium parking (unless there is that "festival atmosphere" that HKS talked about, in which case you might need to show up before 10 am). The people who arrive after that can fight it out for spots north of Business/Fleming. Starting about 1 pm, you may have to park as far as the Burrow parking lot and walk over. If you arrive an hour or so before the game, you might as well look for spots by the Student Union or over by the Oxley.

If we do sell-out in August against Michigan State, expect people to be parking in the grass around campus too.

People are going to be streaming into the stadium from all over campus. It's going to be awesome.
Back to the top

Parking

owlcountry said

Lago said

They're going to have to eventually add another parking garage north of the stadium (if not two).

I know they're banking on the Innovation Village parking garages to hold cars for games but look… those garages are probably going to hold 2000 cars at most and between the four dorm buildings, you're looking at 2400 people.

So do the math.

The people who show up from 7 am - 10 am will get premium parking (unless there is that "festival atmosphere" that HKS talked about, in which case you might need to show up before 10 am). The people who arrive after that can fight it out for spots north of Business/Fleming. Starting about 1 pm, you may have to park as far as the Burrow parking lot and walk over. If you arrive an hour or so before the game, you might as well look for spots by the Student Union or over by the Oxley.

If we do sell-out in August against Michigan State, expect people to be parking in the grass around campus too.

People are going to be streaming into the stadium from all over campus. It's going to be awesome.

if that does eventually happen, which I believe it will, I sure do hope they suspend issuing parking tickets for gameday b/c if there's one thing FAU loves to do its write parking tickets.
Back to the top

b_rider72 said

owlcountry said

Lago said

So do the math.

if that does eventually happen, which I believe it will, I sure do hope they suspend issuing parking tickets for gameday b/c if there's one thing FAU loves to do its write parking tickets.

I paid $370 one semester….and the following semester they built an entire new building for the police and parking division, coincidence?  I think that building should read "The Ryan Walter Police and Parking Ticket Office"

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Dumbest post of all time??

"But what if I have to drive on a road other than Glades? I make a million dollars a year. I should be able to drive on Glades whenever I want to. In fact you all should move aside when I come through. I make a million dollars a year.

Posted by: Concerned in Boca (1 million) | July 24, 2008 3:02 PM
"

Link
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

"But what if I have to drive on a road other than Glades? I make a million dollars a year. I should be able to drive on Glades whenever I want to. In fact you all should move aside when I come through. I make a million dollars a year.

"

Link

That has to be a joke. Nobody in their right mind would really put that.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

It's a fact that this town is not used to the Saturday football atomosphere…maybe in 20 years it won't be that big of a deal but I can tell you that from a parking perspective walking from another side of campus isn't a big deal at all…from the road games that I've attended, I have parked on the other side of the TOWN and walked to the stadium. It would literally be like parking at the Town Center mall and walking over, no joke. In South Carolina, we were about a mile away, or a two beer walk.

Remember as things grow, the super donors in their RVs will be on campus, mine's the 45ft Prevost Royale XL with the Owls paint job! That's right, I plan on renting an apartment and owning a $250K RV!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

It's a fact that this town is not used to the Saturday football atomosphere…maybe in 20 years it won't be that big of a deal but I can tell you that from a parking perspective walking from another side of campus isn't a big deal at all…from the road games that I've attended, I have parked on the other side of the TOWN and walked to the stadium. It would literally be like parking at the Town Center mall and walking over, no joke. In South Carolina, we were about a mile away, or a two beer walk.

Yep… I walked for 15-20 minutes to get to the Swamp. A really nice walk because they have lots of shady trees (FAU doesn't understand the 'shady trees' concept) and you would pass houses with big cloth banners and people tailgating.
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

"

Link

hahahahahaha that's amazing.
Back to the top
Control functions: