Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Toppers go door-to-door

Toppers go door-to-door

Article from the Bowling Green Daily News:

Interesting approach to selling season tickets.  Gets the players (face-to-face) out in the community, selling something that they care about.

Toppers go door-to-door

Back to the top

Re: Toppers go door-to-door

Wow…that's pretty agressive!

Contrary to popular opinion, Jesus didn't even go door to door ;D
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Wow…that's pretty agressive!

Contrary to popular opinion, Jesus didn't even go door to door ;D

No, but the Jehova's Witnesses do. ;)

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

That would never work in Boca. Western Kentucky is a whole different world. People don't even lock their doors and the whole place knows about WKU football. They have the right cultural climate for players to sell tickets in that manner. In Boca some poor kid would get pepper sprayed by a home owner.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

that's sound like our less-invasive approach a few years ago when FAU football jogged I-95 from Port St Lucie to the SeaTech campus to "connect" all campuses.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

That would never work in Boca…  In Boca some poor kid would get pepper sprayed by a home owner.

GO OWLS!!!

IF you could get in the neighborhood (guard gate), the people in their $900k houses wouldn't even likely come to the door. You'd ring their doorbell, their little yorkie would bark and bark, and you'd stand there for at least two minutes going, "Should we try again or…?"

Door-to-door doesn't work in Boca.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

owlfan1 said

That would never work in Boca…  In Boca some poor kid would get pepper sprayed by a home owner.

GO OWLS!!!

IF you could get in the neighborhood (guard gate), the people in their $900k houses wouldn't even likely come to the door. You'd ring their doorbell, their little yorkie would bark and bark, and you'd stand there for at least two minutes going, "Should we try again or…?"

Agree,

Only one way in S. Florida to seel more tickets. WIN.

Sucks but its true.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Only one way in S. Florida to seel more tickets. WIN.

Sucks but its true.

Or bring the Yankees or Redsox to town.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

I agree that a door-to-door campaign would not work in Boca ( South Florida for that matter), yet I think that a version of something similar could work.

You can attend many different type of functions around Boca and/or Palm Beach County in general ( Howard does many, yet one man cannot to it all by himself) and having players out there helping would help give us a wider range of events to target.  It would take some planning & effort to accomplish this, but heck if we have limited $$ to advertise, what better way then to use what you do have.  Players that love what they do & believe in the program can become good ambassadors.

I know that FAU always made a presence on Clematis ( Thursdays, Clematis by Night ) right at the start of a season.  How much interest it bring, I don't know, I imagine not much, but with continued success & increased coverage (both TV & newsprint) you will start to get people to react better every time out.

You just might get some Alum's to take notice and getting involved.

Back to the top

owlcountry said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

Hey dont stereotype all us gated community folk. Id never let a yorkie in my house,lol. Actually that approach would probably work with a lot of people in my neighborhood. I know of a lot of guys in their 40's 50's on my street that are retired and that are huge college football fans that really do nothing but play with their toys. In fact I know a few of them would probably think its cool to have players show up at their house. Actually they would probably make them come inside and have drinks with them then take them out to go and try and pick up college girls. Maybe you're right, it may not be a good idea.
Back to the top
Control functions: