Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Student Government announces trip to Austin

This was sent to me in a Facebook group message…

THE TIME HAS COME!!!
Student Government is excited to have YOU join our Florida Atlantic University's football team on a trip to Austin, Texas as we contend against the National Champions, the University of Texas on August 30th. The trip will include airfare, a three night stay, bus transportation, as well as your game day ticket! Student Government has worked tremendously hard to help subsidize the cost to enable as many students to be involved as possible. For only $265, you too can become part of an amazing opportunity to help build tradition at FAU. We will be leaving from Ft. Lauderdale International Airport Thursday morning, August 28th, and will be returning Sunday afternoon on August 31. Detailed travel arrangements will be provided at a later time to approved participants.

There are only 55 spots available, so be sure to sign-up as soon as possible! Sign-ups are on a first come, first serve basis. Sign-ups will begin this Monday, July 28th at 12pm in the "Dean of Students Office," located on the second floor of the breezeway and will end on Thursday, July 31 at 5 pm. Please bring your deposit in a check form payable to "Florida Atlantic University" for $50 to the office, along with your Z number to hold your spot. In order to be eligible to attend, you must be a Florida Atlantic University student and be registered for fall classes. We will hold your check and contact you once student eligibility is confirmed, with directions on how to pay for your balance for the trip online (with credit/debit cards/checks). If you are out of town and would still like to participate, fax a copy of your check along with your name, Z number, email address, and phone number to 561-297-2502. Please note that if you back out of the trip after your spot has been confirmed with a deposit and verification of student eligibility, the deposit and/or total cost for the trip is non-refundable.

Please contact your Boca Raton Governor, Tiffany Weimar, with any questions that you may have at [email protected] or call 561-297-2395. Please spread the word to all of your friends! See you in Texas!
GO OWLS!
Tiffany Weimar
Boca Raton Governor

"Reaching Higher…"

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Re: FAU Student Government announces trip to Austin

I could have sworn LSU won the National Championship…..

but anyway, very cool….I hope that all the spots are sold out because that is a good deal and sounds like an awesome experience. Hopefully, it will be a GREAT experience when the Owls win  ;D
Back to the top

Yes, LSU you did. I think it may have been a typo and should have read one-time National Champion…

Either way it's a great trip.

I am thinking about sponsoring one or two students to go.

As alumni, this is the perfect opportunity for us to sacrifice one or two nights out, and use that money to pay for a student to go on the trip who wouldn't otherwise be able to go.

If anyone wants to do it, message me and I'll try to get details for us to do something.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Back to the top

That is a great deal. By the way Smitty, where are you going out to that you drop $265 in a night??  ;)

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

ha ha ha

I figure it like this:
$265 / 4 nights is $60 a night. That's about right in SanAntonio by the time you pay for drinks, dinner and cover charge.

I'll take four nights out of the next month or so and go to the gym and workout instead.

I don't know…I just feel like instead of donating $20 million to name the stadium, which I don't have that type of money, then I should make a little bit of difference.

And I am hoping that others will see that I'm doing it and be encouraged to do it themselves. After all, if I can figure out a way to afford the donation, hopefully almost anyone can.

Back to the top

Looks like the SG trip is pretty popular.  DMarkey and I went to sign up at noon and after the first 24 hours there were 53 seats reserved.  Although I did walk out of the office with a bit more questions then they had answers for however I'm confident that its gonna be a pretty sweet weekend!

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

Then they need to get another 55??
Back to the top

FAUtuba said

Looks like the SG trip is pretty popular.  DMarkey and I went to sign up at noon and after the first 24 hours there were 53 seats reserved.  Although I did walk out of the office with a bit more questions then they had answers for however I'm confident that its gonna be a pretty sweet weekend!

As Smitty noted before when we were talking about a plane trip to New Orleans, this should be SGA's first sponsored trip that expects students to show up for planes.

I don't know if they're having people show up at campus to take a bus to the airport – which seems like an unecessary expense – but that would ensure that you bring 55 people to the airport. I was going to say that they should ask like 100 people to show up to fill any seats that don't get filled for whatever reason (forgetfulness, sickness, accident, etc) but I believe in order for SGA to get those people to Austin, a lot of paperwork has to be filled out and approved beforehand by SDA that can't really be done the day of the trip…

I sincrely hope this works though because I wouldn't mind seeing it for the Michigan State trip *cough*
Back to the top

FAU Student Government announces trip to Austin

Can't have 100 people show up. Need 55 people - 55 names. It's not a chartered flight. It's a commercial flight and they are being treated as regularly ticketed passangers.

SOLD OUT by the way. Mike just told me.

Back to the top

smitty, please do not tell me sold out means the texas trip...already?
Back to the top
Control functions: