Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Royal Bank Stadium?

Add topic

TC Palm inquires about the progress of FAU's naming rights and suggests it might be

"Royal Bank of Canada — which has branches on the Treasure Coast and strong ties to the university.

Karl Steene, who does community relations for RBC on the Treasure Coast and is an FAU alumnus, said the bank has “a good corporate relationship with FAU." However, he said he was not aware of any negotiations between RBC and FAU over naming rights.

Jamie Mitchell, manager of media relations and special events for RBC’s corporate executives in North Carolina, said in an e-mail Monday the institution “will not be responding at this time.“

Interesting thing to not respond to. A bank, a Canadian bank no less, not TD Commerce… seems to fit all our speculation up to this point.

Personally, Royal Bank Stadium sounds right on the money to me! Just has a good ring to it.

Anyway, you can read the full story here: http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/jul/30/30gtfau-stadium-could-have-treasure-coast-name/
Back to the top

Re: Royal Bank Stadium?

Don't read into it…it is what it is.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Looks like Kimberly "commuter school" Miller is watching this board as much as she's watching Facebook. I'm surprised she hasn't written a story about the "I live in Florida and I don't care how cold it is – I'm wearing flip-flops year-round!" group, although that doesn't really give her an opportunity to call FAU a "commuter school." Actually, she's a seasoned writer… she'll find a way to work that in there.
Back to the top

Royal Bank Stadium?

We did break the MJ signings though….beat all "media sources"…even FAU's own site! ;D
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

We did break the MJ signings though….beat all "media sources"…even FAU's own site! ;D

So true…group hug. ;D
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Florida_Owl said

Looks like Kimberly "commuter school" Miller is watching this board as much as she's watching Facebook. I'm surprised she hasn't written a story about the "I live in Florida and I don't care how cold it is – I'm wearing flip-flops year-round!" group, although that doesn't really give her an opportunity to call FAU a "commuter school." Actually, she's a seasoned writer… she'll find a way to work that in there.

On the other hand, why not? Where else will you find such a concentration of people interested in FAU?
Back to the top

It's funny how Kim Miller takes so much flack for using online resources for generating stories when our boy Teddy does the same thing. In fact, how many times has he even given props to people on this message board for breaking news? More than a few.

It's really just a sign of the times as to how the media is evolving, and how we get our news in general. I mean we often give guys credit for "writing" a good article about FAU when it's nothing more than a random blog post by somebody in cyberspace who obviously has never seen FAU play and is just rehashing stuff off other sites to make him sound like an expert. The problem is, if its a positive story we eat it up; when it's negative we dismiss it as an ignorant hack who doesn't know what he's talking about.

I think we're pretty fortunate to have guys like Marcus and Teddy as beat writers, at least they care about what they're doing. And Kim Miller is an education writer, the only problem for us is she's pretty dogged. I don't generally take her writing as negative, more so that she just seems to always be there when the university mucks something up.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Fair points, and well taken.

I have no problem with her anymore…figured out her schtick on "writing".

BUT:

In all reality, this isn't a "story".
Back to the top
Control functions: