Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The SunBelt Footbal Hate meter....

Error Page

On Tuesday, ESPN.com began a series on rivalries and the most-hated teams in the conference. I got through the WAC and the Mountain West and now it's time to turn attention to the other side of the country.

The Sun Belt, Conference USA and Mid-American have rivalries as fierce as anyone even though some of the rivalries of 20 years ago – or even five years ago – have disappeared because leagues have been restructured and some teams have moved to other conferences. But most rivalries are deep-rooted and the level of hatred between the teams lives on.

1. Middle Tennessee – Again, this has little to do with winning and more to do with the fact that three SBC teams call Middle Tennessee State their rival. That's a lot of teams to upset in a nine-team conference.

2. Troy – Ever since DeMarcus Ware and beating Missouri on ESPN2, Troy has been the darling of the Sun Belt and playing it up with games against the nation's best BCS teams. Too bad the Trojans haven't been able to recapture the magic.

3. Florida Atlantic – A newbie in the league, but already a Sun Belt champion and now the team to beat. The Owls have only been playing football since 2001, which makes all those storied programs look a little sad

;D ;D ;D

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: The SunBelt Footbal Hate meter....

T shirt idea….

FAU: Making storied programs (and FIU) look a little sad since 2001.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

T shirt idea….

:D
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

fauowls44 said

T shirt idea….

:D

Nice! ;D

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Error Page

3. Florida Atlantic – A newbie in the league, but already a Sun Belt champion and now the team to beat. The Owls have only been playing football since 2001, which makes all those storied programs look a little sad

;D ;D ;D

Owlfamily:

Just thought i would mention that the rivals.com board posted this link as well (after seeing it here first i am sure)

Lol…
Back to the top

Ok, I love FAU as much as the next guy, but what "storied" programs have we made look sad?  Let's not lose our heads here.
Back to the top

The SunBelt Footbal Hate meter....

Minnesota IS a storied program

Other than that I dont really know

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Possibility:

Hawaii??
Back to the top

The said

Ok, I love FAU as much as the next guy, but what "storied" programs have we made look sad?  Let's not lose our heads here.

I agree.

We have been the whipping boy for many storied programs including Clemson, Florida, South Carolina, Oklahoma State, Louisville, Kansas State, and Kentucky to name a few. FAU is gaining ground, but at this point it is far too premature to make any comments about putting storied programs to shame.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

yah last i checked there were a handful of players in LA. that wanted to jump a fence…….i dont think they hate our program or our fans at all….

;D
Back to the top
Control functions: