Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

San Antonio Express-News Preview: TEXAS

SA Express-News is doing a tour of campuses and previewing the Big 12 schools. Nothing really big that stands out in this article, and FAU is only mentioned once and it's on the schedule. listing.

Note though, the game time is TBA, which tells me they are changing it from 12 noon. This is good for those that didn't want to drive through the night on Friday to get to Austin and wake up and go to a 12 noon game (like those coming from Houston or Dallas).

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/big_12/Horns_hope_to_stay_on_bowl_roll.html

An interesting tid-bit:
Pessimistic:The Longhorns have depth, but so much of it is unproven. There isn't a go-to deep-threat playmaker on offense, and the secondary will be young. UT needs to find quick chemistry.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Re: San Antonio Express-News Preview: TEXAS

San Antonio Express-News Preview: TEXAS

What kind of a line is that?  If your depth is "unproven" then it's not really "depth", is it?  I mean, anyone can put on a uniform and get listed in the media guide and depth chart.  We have a pretty long roster, too.
Back to the top

Texas is a much better team than FAU but were getting them at the best possible moment, the first game of the year. if we played them in game 9 like we did UF, I'm sure they would spank us. Its the same how we played USF so much better than Ok State, we were young in the beginning and improved. Texas is going to be the same way. There going to score points, I'm not doubting that. Our defense is not proven and never really had a good game against anybody besides FIU last year. A good game i define in under 20 points. If they can hold texas to 28, a td a quarter and/or we can some how manage to put up 40+ points will have a shot. Our offense is going to have move the ball and run the clock, every possesion is going to have to be a 5 minutes plus. Keeping their defense on the field and ours rested on the sideline is the obvious edge.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

Texas is a much better team than FAU but were getting them at the best possible moment, the first game of the year…If they can hold texas to 28, a td a quarter and/or we can some how manage to put up 40+ points will have a shot. Our offense is going to have move the ball and run the clock, every possesion is going to have to be a 5 minutes plus. Keeping their defense on the field and ours rested on the sideline is the obvious edge.

Yeah I was debating this with Medicare Mike… whether it's advantageous for us to extend a drive using a lot of short gains versus 20+ yards at a time. My argument was that as you increase the number of throws, you increase the chances for turnovers. He believes that 90% of the time these are such sure shots you don't have to worry about interceptions, fumbles, etc.

I agree with the last line though… keeping ours rested will be paramount, even with our increased depth this year.
Back to the top
Control functions: