Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Flexiable part time employment in the area?

Add topic

Anyone have any ideas?  I'm just looking to work a few hours during the week with a place that will be understanding of my school schedule and also time off when i go back North during school breaks.
Back to the top

Re: Flexiable part time employment in the area?

Check for student employment at FAU (library, registrar, labs, etc.). They will understand you're a student :).
Back to the top

Campus Rec or NightOwls are the most flexible in my opinion. 

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

The said

Anyone have any ideas?  I'm just looking to work a few hours during the week with a place that will be understanding of my school schedule and also time off when i go back North during school breaks.

I know a lot of people who work at Publix (supermarket). They're apparently really good about that sort of thing. Provided they need you at that time, they'll schedule you say 4-8 pm and they won't gripe about it. It's not one of those "either you work 8 to 12 or 12 to 4" kind of "flexible" jobs either. Plus they have college students all the time who go away for school, come back and work, etc so I'm sure they'd have no problem with the converse.

Back to the top

The said

Anyone have any ideas?

Best bet is to go to the Student Employment Office…they have plenty of options, and you can pick and choose what you want to do.
Back to the top

Lids in the Boca mall with my fraternity brothers.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Flexiable part time employment in the area?

If you have an idea of what you may like to do in the future, see if you can get into that field.  Of course we all know, that in college many people decide that their "dream career" is not really for them.  Maybe you can find a paid or unpaid internship, or volunteer position, or even a part time paying spot somewhere.  It may be just sweeping floors and emptying garbage cans, but you can get priceless real world experience that you will not get in school.  That is what I would recommend. 

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Work in athletics as a student manager.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: