Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UF: No more beer pong for you!

Add topic

Haha idiots are laughin it up about being the #1 party school…and #1 for not studying…got the admin a little scared or pissed.

Of COURSE ole Kimbo Miller finds a way to make it about FAU…

"The University of Florida is considering banning drinking games and beer kegs on its campus and in fraternity and sorority houses, according to an Associated Press story this morning.
images.jpeg

The new rules, printed in a revised student code of conduct, still have to be approved by the school’s board of trustees.

But it’s an interesting story considering UF’s recent ranking of Number One party school in the nation by the Princeton Review. "

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/extracredit/entries/2008/08/06/no_more_beer_pong.html

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: UF: No more beer pong for you!

I think the FAU shooting line could have been left out, as it has aboslutely no relevance to UF - which is the main focus of her "post"… but i think she is trying to "maybe" give FAU some credit in this case?

Back to the top

UF: No more beer pong for you!

Lol that's just dumb……no beer pong, iron chef, three sheets, anything! Give me a break!  I guess we can't bring the fau beer pong table to uf in two years for the football game! Lol……sooooo stupid!
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

Lol that's just dumb……no beer pong, iron chef, three sheets, anything! Give me a break!  I guess we can't bring the fau beer pong table to uf in two years for the football game! Lol……sooooo stupid!

Do you have a custom made FAU beer pong table? If so, not only can you post it here but can you send it to Kimberly Miller? She just wrote a post glorifying places like Florida State because their students custom-make their beer pong tables…
Back to the top

Kimberly Miller is a local reporter. As I learned at the UP…and Owlcountry can attest, we were always taught that we can take a national story and tweak it to the local angle.

It's kind of like saying…
"Hurricane Katrina broke the levy in New Orleans. Can that happen here? An investigation by the OwlsNest newspaper found that 10 levies in SoFla are not abiding by state code and have not been fixed in 20 years."

It's also the same thing we do on here with other sports.

"Why does XYZ school do such cool stuff? Why can't FAU do that."

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Kimberly Miller is a local reporter.

She is but I think she is also their "state of education" reporter too.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Nunzio42 said

Do you have a custom made FAU beer pong table? If so, not only can you post it here but can you send it to Kimberly Miller? She just wrote a post glorifying places like Florida State because their students custom-make their beer pong tables…

Not only do we have a custom made beer pong table.. It is the official beer pong table of FAU athletics lol. Nunzio, Wpierso3 and I built it, painted it blue and red, put some FAU stickers on it wrote FAU in the center of the table and used it all during football season, all during basketball season and all of baseball season. The thing has seen better days and it's warped like crazy so we're thinking of just buying a plastic one off the internet

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab:
At the 06 Owl Auction, I bought the old center court from FAU Arena.

I left it in the gym when I moved and never called to get it back.

Go track it down on my behalf and use that as the beer pong table!!!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Jab:

How much did that go for?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Jab:

Any chance it's still there? That'd be awesome to tailgate with the center court piece haha… it must be pretty heavy though

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: