Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MTSU Predicted to win the SunBelt????

BIGGEST MORON EVER!!!!

College And Pro Ball: College Football Projections: Sun Belt

Even the MUTS fans are amazed at this guys complete lack of knowledge of the confrence.

College Football Projections: Sun Belt

Tonight is the first installment of projections for the 11 major college football conferences. The projections will be posted in order of relevance to the college football landscape and my personal preference.

I will predict the five non-BCS conferences first, followed by independents, then the six BCS conferences.

The first conference I will predict is the Sun Belt Conference. Traditionally known as the dregs of the Football Bowl Subdivision, the Sun Belt is becoming increasingly more competitive. Ask Alabama about the Sun Belt, as the Tide lost at home to Sun Belt middle-of-the-roader Louisiana-Monroe last season. These schools still play a lot of money games against the big boys, but they are becoming more competitive against the rest of the division formerly known as I-A.

Why am I predicting the Sun Belt? Why does it matter? It matters to people in places like Murfreesboro, TN and Monroe, LA. These are athletes playing big-time college football. The winner earns a bid to a bowl game. Ok, it’s the New Orleans Bowl, but Florida Atlantic won that game over Memphis last year. Plus, Troy won 8 games last year but was passed over for a bowl bid after losing the last game of the year to Florida Atlantic. This conference is part of the FBS, so I’ll pick it.

This year, Middle Tennessee looks to be the team to beat. Troy will be good as well, but the schedule favors the Blue Raiders of MTSU. The conference could be decided in the first week of the season, when Troy travels to Murfreesboro to play MTSU. By the way, Troy will be making some serious dough for its athletic department by playing a killer non-conference schedule with trips to LSU, Ohio State, and Oklahoma State. Florida Atlantic will also be decent, as well. These three teams will be the class of the league.

Projected order of finish:
(1) Middle Tennessee 8-4 7-0
(2) Troy 7-5 5-2
(3) Florida Atlantic 7-5 5-2
(4) Louisiana-Monroe 5-7 4-3
(5) North Texas 5-7 3-4
(6) Arkansas State 4-8 3-4
(7) Louisiana-Lafayette 2-10 2-5
(8) Florida International 1-11 0-7

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: MTSU Predicted to win the SunBelt????

This statement alone informs me to print this "article" in the event i run out of toiletpaper:

"Traditionally known as the dregs of the Football Bowl Subdivision"

How do you have "tradition" with a league that did not sponsor football until 2001?

Moron.

Next…….
Back to the top

Not to mention half the teams that did play for the Sun Belt no longer did.. Idaho (glad to be rid of them)???

Its not like we are stable like the SEC and can be compared year to year..

Although I do think he made a point without knowing it..there is parity in the Sun Belt and any team can win..lets not get our feathers all puffed up thinking we suddenly are leaps ahead of everyone else…how many last second, overtime, comeback wins did we manage last year?  Yeh its cool under pressure, but we were a few bad plays from being like 4th in the Sun Belt.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

owlfamily said

I actually think FIU will win 2 this year. Maybe three. Toledo, North Texas and Western Kentucky are their best bets.
Back to the top

MTSU Predicted to win the SunBelt????

owlcountry said

owlfamily said

I actually think FIU will win 2 this year. Maybe three. Toledo, North Texas and Western Kentucky are their best bets.

Agreed, I see FIU making big strides this season.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

No, he's not the "biggest moron ever," but he certainly could spend more time qualifying his opinion.  Then again, you don't have to be an expert to run a blog.
Back to the top

Even with the parity that exist within the Belt, consistent play is what brings balance & championship to any team within a conference.  The problem with some of the Belt teams is the consistency factor.

This might be the year a team goes undefeated in conference play and could be the last time for a while.

Middle will have it's moments, going undefeated - no.
ULM will be solid.
Troy will have it's moments, their defense will carry them again.

Back to the top
Control functions: