Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

NFL Scouts at Practice today

New England, Denver, Kansas City and Pittsburgh had scouts present as reported by Marcus

Who do they have their eyes on?

I like this, I feel like it makes the players work a lot harder because they have the NFL watching and looking for talent..It also makes the Texas game important, come out strong owls, even if we dont win, show them what we are made of and we will get some draft picks next year!

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: NFL Scouts at Practice today

As a Patriots fan I know that Belichick's defensive philosophy prefers smaller Cornerback's. Something that FAU has.  So that's one thought.
Back to the top

They may be looking at Rusty. Even though this is great news for Rusty, it could be bad news for all of us fans that want to see him play through his senior year...
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

New England, Denver, Kansas City and Pittsburgh had scouts present as reported by Marcus

Who do they have their eyes on?

I like this, I feel like it makes the players work a lot harder because they have the NFL watching and looking for talent..It also makes the Texas game important, come out strong owls, even if we dont win, show them what we are made of and we will get some draft picks next year!

:/
My damn internet was down or I would have broken this news hours ago.

Anyway, yeah, all those scouts that Marcus mentioned were there plus I saw a scout from the Vikings. The Vikings scout and the Chiefs scout were spending a lot of time with the linebackers. I asked the Steelers scout who he was looking at and he said "all seniors but we're also looking at the RBs." The other scouts told me the same thing… seniors. I'm sure Corey Small and Frantz Joseph are getting some attention.

Once again that bowl win is really paying off for us.
Back to the top

Does anyone think that Jervonte Jackson could get drafted?
Back to the top

NFL Scouts at Practice today

Frantz is getting looks for sure, if he has another solid year, he'll be our first "real" draft pick.
Back to the top

this is from Ted:

SCOUT ALERT

Another sign of the strengthening of the program is that scouts from four teams were behind The Oxley.

LB Frantz Joseph and CB Corey Small are the main focal points, but Howard said DE Robert St. Claire and DT Jervonte Jackson and LB Andre Clark will also get looks, and possibly RB DiIvory Edgecomb.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

we've got a slew of great seniors who will get legitimate considerations at the end of this season; for now, FJ-56 is at the top of that list; Harmon would've been, and still might be gone D?  hope not, but i haven't heard a word about that knee.

has any o'you?

"better than Barry"
Back to the top

cp20 said

we've got a slew of great seniors who will get legitimate considerations at the end of this season; for now, FJ-56 is at the top of that list; Harmon would've been, and still might be gone D?  hope not, but i haven't heard a word about that knee.

has any o'you?

He's been at practice walking arond. He looks fine. If you didn't know he had a knee injury, you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at him. Still, the coaches know best and he's probably in rehab until the end of the season.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

cp20 said

has any o'you?

He's been at practice walking arond. He looks fine. If you didn't know he had a knee injury, you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at him. Still, the coaches know best and he's probably in rehab until the end of the season.

bro, i dunno about that…sure looked to me as if he was favoring it today when he was walking around on the sideline during practice…maybe precautionary, but not normal by any means…
Back to the top
Control functions: