Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Austin, Texas: America's Hardest Drinking City

Add topic

San Antonio – A report released this morning by Forbes Magazine says that Austin, Texas is the hardest drinking city in the nation. So I ask you, Owl Country (not Adam…Owl Country as a whole), are you ready for the challenge of holding our own and keeping our behavior in check on 6th Street, especially after a big win?

See you in Austin!!

Austin, Texas, is famous for its parties. People flock from around the world to attend events like the annual South by Southwest film and music festival. And when they get there, chances are they make like the locals and throw back a few cold ones–because Austin may be the hardest-drinking city in America.
…I imagine that's probably why the city's on [the list]," says Hunter Darby, manager of Austin's Dog & Duck Pub. "Sixth Street in Austin is like a tiny version of Bourbon Street. It caters a lot to a younger crowd who are right at age 21. They'll just go from bar to bar to bar. … There are a ton of bars per human being in this town."
…The binge drinker disturbs the peace, through noise, vandalism and sometimes violence. Like secondhand smoke, binge drinking pollutes the environment."

http://www.forbes.com/2008/08/07/alcohol-drinking-cities-forbeslife-drink08-cx_de_avb_0807hard.html

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Re: Austin, Texas: America's Hardest Drinking City

Great, I'm going to get my ass kicked by some drunk dude in a cowboy hat after taking a few libations with his girlfriend.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

Great, I'm going to get my ass kicked by some drunk dude in a cowboy hat after taking a few libations with his girlfriend.

And I'm going to video it and put it up on YouTube, all while drunk of course.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Austin, Texas: America's Hardest Drinking City

Lol this is gonna get baddddd and fast!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: