Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Does this sound like Howard?

Jay Warman strikes again…

Although these quotes REALLY dont sound like Howard stuff. Has he ever really used this type of language to ANY type of reporter?

http://upsports.blogspot.com/2008/08/confidence-high-as-owls-prepare-for.html

Confidence High as Owls Prepare for Texas
As FAU prepares for its first real game since the New Orleans Bowl last Dec. 21, confidence is high that the Owls can go into Austin and give the Longhorns a tough game - not just on the scoreboard but in the trenches.

Coach Howard Schnellenberger is firm in his belief that the FAU defense, which often won the turnover battles last season, is even better and meaner in 2008.

Schnellenberger believes that a mean, tough defense can stifle a Texas offense that thrives on athleticism, not physicality. While it may be hard to fathom that a Sun Belt team is scheming to overpower a team from the BIG XII, that is the game plan Schnellenberger is sticking to - at least out loud.

"Once we step out on the field with Texas, the only ones who can help us is ourselves. Texas always has a very polished team that has great talent, but they aren’t tough, they aren’t a physically tough team."

FAU returns eight starters on defense, and Schnellenberger is counting on them as well as four experienced backups moving into starting roles to lay the wood on the Texas receivers.

"My defense will get to a point where they will be mean, nasty and ornery bastards and that’s what you need for Texas. Texas will move the ball with tit-for-tat, screens and options, but we’ll make them pay a price whenever they catch one of those dinky passes. We’ll put three hats on them and make them not want to get up, that’s the way to beat Texas."

Sounds like a plan to me.
Posted by Jay Warman at 7:18 PM
Labels: football

Not sure if Jay was smoking crack and "Enhanced" things coach said or what. Just doesnt sound like HS.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Does this sound like Howard?

It really doesn't sound like something HS would say.  He would never say an opponent wasn't tough. Even if it was true, he wouldn't say it. 
Back to the top

Does this sound like Howard?

Coach has always been brash in his statements, but I think he is wiser than to put billboard material out there for Texas to snatch up. Basically calling Texas soft is a very bold statement. Making reference to Texas throwing short "tit for tat" passes to backs and receivers doesn't make much sense either. Isn't that a big part of FAU's offensive game plan??

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I don't really know if HS said it or not, but speaking from experience, coach was always a little more open with those close to the program. He was always very open and honest with me, but I was careful not to jeopardize the trust we had built when he would say certain things.

Maybe he is like that with Jay?

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

I don't really know if HS said it or not, but speaking from experience, coach was always a little more open with those close to the program. He was always very open and honest with me, but I was careful not to jeopardize the trust we had built when he would say certain things.

Maybe he is like that with Jay?

Well the cat is out of the bag, Both Rivals and the other Horns boards are lighting up.

Next time Jay keep these lil tidbits to your self instead of handing out Bullitien Board fodder.

Back to the top

Error Page

ICK ICK ICK ICK ICK

Back to the top

the site had seven votes on it when i looked this morning…now it has over 125…

wait until tommroow and see how many it gets…

Back to the top

Hope this fires up the boys, they will need it.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Wicked awesome.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Whether or not H.S. said it or not, that was pretty stupid to put in print. Why would you give another team something to rally behind. However, now that it is out there...F-em. We will now have to train even harder and hit them even harder then we originally planned. Good luck guys...I believe.
Back to the top
Control functions: