Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Soccer team in the MAC

Add topic

FAU Men's Soccer 2008 Season Comes with High Expectations - Florida Atlantic Owls Official Athletic Site

This is good. They won their conference last year and are moving up.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Re: FAU Soccer team in the MAC

Very good…the metro whatever it was was garbage…….

The team could't play to its fullest…now we will not only be challenged, but get better exposure as well…
Back to the top

Could this be a sign of a conference shift for the entire department?!?!?

Probably not, but it's good to know that if soccer does well, and we continue to do well in the Belt, we have our foot in another conference already…

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Could this be a sign of a conference shift for the entire department?!?!?

Probably not, but it's good to know that if soccer does well, and we continue to do well in the Belt, we have our foot in another conference already…

Not at all…

All the SBC teams play soccer in different conferences because the conference does not sponsor a championship. For example, FIU plays soccer in CUSA. As another example, I'm pretty sure a bunch of CUSA teams swim in the SBC because the SBC sponsors swimming, but their conference does not.
Back to the top

I dont wanna be in the MAC  for other sports. Period.

>:(

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

yeah i will have to agree. Sun belt sounds better than the MAC
Back to the top

rdownin1 said

SeminOWL2006 said

yeah i will have to agree. Sun belt sounds better than the MAC

It will never, ever happen, don't worry.
Back to the top

FAU Soccer team in the MAC

Maybe for soccer, but not for anything else.  FAU in the MAC would be as bad as when UCF was in the MAC.  Not to mention New Mexico State and Idaho in the Sun Belt.
Back to the top

Ok…not much going in our favor so far in men's soccer…2-6 thus far…and we got waxed by Akron friday 7-0…yikes!   :o

Guess we are seeing VERY quickly that the MAC aint no joke for men's soccer.

But here's a question:

What the heck is with the schedule??

4 home games, and 14 road games?

WOW…talk about a tough schedule.
Back to the top

Lm77 said

All the SBC teams play soccer in different conferences because the conference does not sponsor a championship. For example, FIU plays soccer in CUSA. As another example, I'm pretty sure a bunch of CUSA teams swim in the SBC because the SBC sponsors swimming, but their conference does not.

SBC's affiliate members for men's swimming & diving are Evansville, Missouri State, and Southern Illinois (according the SBC website).

The MAC's affiliate members for men's soccer are FAU and Hartwick.

C-USA's affiliate members for men's soccer are FIU, Kentucky, and South Carolina.

I'm so football-centric, it's odd to think of a conference game between FAU & Buffalo or FIU & South Carolina.

www.essency.net
Back to the top
Control functions: