Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU v. Texas GAMEDAY information

TICKETS: If you ordered your tickets through FAU, you'll be sitting in section 32, which is on the goal line of the open-ended portion of the stadium.

TICKETS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE THROUGH FAU AND MUST BE PURCHASED BY CALLING THE UT TICKET OFFICE

TEAM HOTEL: Official team hotel is the Austin Airport Hilton (9515 Hotel Drive, Austin, Texas, United States 78719. Tel: (512) 385-6767)

UNOFFICIAL HOTEL: Radisson downtown as set up by an alumnus in Austin. If you need more information, contact [email protected] and he'll get you the contact information.

RADIO:XM ch. 241 (as reported by Longhorn Athletics Department)
TV: Fox Sports Southwest - 6 p.m. CT kickoff (as reported by Longhorn Athletics Department)

Kickoff party event hosted by University of Texas:
- Friday, August 29th, 9pm-2am. We have rented out the Austin Music Hall.
- Young Love, a music group just signed by Jay-Z’s record label, will be headlining the event
- We will have a special performance by The Southern Sirens burlesque group
- AND, THE LONGHORN BAND will come and give us a sneak peak of the half-time show

Proceeds of this event will go to benefit Young Texans Against Cancer (www.YTAC.org).

Feel free to invite friends and family that are coming in town for Labor Day Weekend, as this will be an event you wont want to miss!!! www.kickoffparty.com

LIST OF FAU EVENTS
OFFICIAL
all times are central
Thursday, 4 p.m.: Student Government (SG) planned trip arrives in Austin Airport.
Thursday, evening: SG looking into an event for students to partake in.

Thursday, 8 p.m.: Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity gathering - 6th street (unofficial event) - Contact Rick Smith '07 for more information at [email protected]

Friday, 7 p.m.: Alpha Tau Omega fraternity gathering - 6th street (unofficial event) - Contact Rick Smith '07 for more details at [email protected]
Friday, 8 p.m.: FAU Alumni and friends Tour of 6th Street. Bus departs from team hotel.

Saturday, 3:30 p.m.: Pre-game tailgate at University of Texas recreational Center (Bus departs team hotel at 3 p.m.)
Saturday, 6 p.m.: Kickoff

Shuttle round trip: Friday night $15.00 and Saturday $15.00

TAILGATE INFO for FAU TAILGATE

Tailgate price $40.00; alumni member $ 20.00*
T-Shirt $20.00
Menu: brisket, sausage, chicken all the fixin’s, lemonade, beer and sodas and water.

*The alumni association is launching a membership campaign early next week. I'll post the link once it goes live. Get accustomed to seeing the benchmark pricing. It will become the norm for FAU alumni events - and maybe even FAU events in general.

Total package price for 1 individual/non alumni member: $155.00
Total package price for 1 individual/alumni member: $135.00

To RSVP for FAU alumni events, call 1-888-FAU-OWLS or [email protected]. Reservations needed before Aug. 27.

SAN ANTONIO
UNOFFICIAL events being organized by a local alumnus. Not associated with FAU.

For those coming in to San Antonio…
$mitty is getting a small group together for a night on the Riverwalk on Thursday and/or Sunday evening.

He is also organizing a tour of the Alamo and/or Natural Caverns. Also considering Six Flags as an option.

SAN ANTONIO car caravan leaving San Antonio at 4 p.m. Friday for Austin.

Sunday river toobing on Guadalupe River.

For more information on any of these SAN ANTONIO events, contact $mitty at [email protected]

Parking Info if you are driving (provide by $mitty on another thread - Copy & pasted here)

Parking
Garage Parking
Public parking is available in the following campus garages beginning four hours prior to kickoff at $10 per vehicle:
•  Speedway Garage (corner of Speedway and 27th Street)
•  27th St. Garage (corner of 27th Street and University Avenue)
•  San Antonio Garage (corner of San Antonio and 25th streets)

Surface Lots
Public parking is available in these UT campus surface lots for a $10 fee:
•  Lots F19, F23, F25, 40, A53, and 56

Surface parking for the public can also be found on the west side of Speedway on a space-available basis.

Tailgating
Tailgating is permitted in parking areas surrounding Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium. Please note: Open flames are not permitted in the parking garages. No tents are allowed prior to 7 a.m. on game day.

http://texassports.com/ot/football-atoz.html#p

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Re: FAU v. Texas GAMEDAY information

New information posted above

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Back to the top

wow these seats suck
this is from the website seatdata.com, section 32
Back to the top

the prOWLers and other fans had the same seats in South Carolina. I thought they were OK.

It doesn't matter where I'm sitting, I'm just glad to be there and be able to say " I was there for the win."

Back to the top

FAU v. Texas GAMEDAY information

I'll keep the thread open - Keep all new info. in the first Post where it will be easy to access.

Smitty, LM or myself can bring any info. back to the the top if necessary.  That way a place to discuss the information still exist - like we did for the NO Bowl stuff.

Back to the top

Kickoff time announced by Fox Sports as reported by the Dallas Morning News and Longhorns web site.

Back to the top

thanks smitty i look forward to coming to texas and so are the dirty birds……

Thursday night half the dirty birds will be hitting up 4th and 6th.

Friday we will be celebrating Brad's Bday once again on 4th and 6th, prb going to hit up the BBQ place that is listed in the post with all the food places.

Saturday we are going to tailgate as soon as we can……Dirty Bird "travel" style……ANYONE IS WELCOME TO COME OUT AND HAVE SOME BEER WITH US…….trying figure out what type of travel games we can use for the tailgate…..just look for the FAU flag!!!!

Saturday night, hitting the streets again………

Sunday breakfast to soak it all up and then flying out….

If anyone wants to meet up hit me up…. [email protected]
Back to the top

Thanks for the warning now I know where not to go
LOL
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

thanks smitty i look forward to coming to texas and so are the dirty birds……

Thursday night half the dirty birds will be hitting up 4th and 6th.

Friday we will be celebrating Brad's Bday once again on 4th and 6th, prb going to hit up the BBQ place that is listed in the post with all the food places.

Saturday we are going to tailgate as soon as we can……Dirty Bird "travel" style……ANYONE IS WELCOME TO COME OUT AND HAVE SOME BEER WITH US…….trying figure out what type of travel games we can use for the tailgate…..just look for the FAU flag!!!!

Saturday night, hitting the streets again………

Sunday breakfast to soak it all up and then flying out….

If anyone wants to meet up hit me up…. [email protected]

LOL.

Itineraries to follow!

How the heck are you going to be able to tailgate? You're going to check a grill and a pop up tent?  :D

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

actually the tent ill leave at home and we will prb do subway for food…..besides that, use the rental for music (blow every speaker in the car), and hit walmart up for some throw away coolers and beer.

Pretty easy to tailgate……but thanks fledge!  ::)

Back to the top
Control functions: