Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Troy lands Wide Receiver/Future Criminal transferring from Oklahoma

Anybody ever seen the Last Boy Scout?

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=837587

Associated Press

TROY, Ala. — Josh Jarboe, a highly regarded wide receiver recruit who was kicked off the team at Oklahoma two weeks ago, has decided to enroll at Troy.

Jarboe signed a letter of intent to play with Oklahoma in February, but in May he pleaded guilty to charges of bringing a gun to Cedar Grove High School in Georgia and carrying a pistol without a license.

A judge reduced the charges to misdemeanors because Jarboe was a first-time offender and sentenced him to two years of probation and 80 hours of community service. Oklahoma decided to honor the letter of intent and let Jarboe keep his scholarship.

Sooners coach Bob Stoops dismissed Jarboe on Aug. 1 after an Internet video surfaced of the teenager rapping about guns and shooting people.

Jarboe was considered one of the top wide receiver prospects in the country.

"Troy University has always been interested in providing opportunities for young people to better themselves, and this is a situation where a young man who has made some mistakes is looking for a second chance," Troy coach Larry Blakeney said in a statement Wednesday.

"I have met with Josh, and I am convinced that he is ready, and willing, to do the things we need for him to do to be a productive member of both this football team and the Troy University community."

Troy spokesman Ricky Hazel said the school is still trying to determine whether Jarboe will be allowed to play this season or need to sit out one season under NCAA rules.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Re: Troy lands Wide Receiver/Future Criminal transferring from Oklahoma

walty12 said

Anybody ever seen the Last Boy Scout?

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=837587

Associated Press

TROY, Ala. — Josh Jarboe, a highly regarded wide receiver recruit who was kicked off the team at Oklahoma two weeks ago, has decided to enroll at Troy.

Jarboe signed a letter of intent to play with Oklahoma in February, but in May he pleaded guilty to charges of bringing a gun to Cedar Grove High School in Georgia and carrying a pistol without a license.

A judge reduced the charges to misdemeanors because Jarboe was a first-time offender and sentenced him to two years of probation and 80 hours of community service. Oklahoma decided to honor the letter of intent and let Jarboe keep his scholarship.

Sooners coach Bob Stoops dismissed Jarboe on Aug. 1 after an Internet video surfaced of the teenager rapping about guns and shooting people.

Jarboe was considered one of the top wide receiver prospects in the country.

"Troy University has always been interested in providing opportunities for young people to better themselves, and this is a situation where a young man who has made some mistakes is looking for a second chance," Troy coach Larry Blakeney said in a statement Wednesday.

"I have met with Josh, and I am convinced that he is ready, and willing, to do the things we need for him to do to be a productive member of both this football team and the Troy University community."

Troy spokesman Ricky Hazel said the school is still trying to determine whether Jarboe will be allowed to play this season or need to sit out one season under NCAA rules.

After reading this a second time I noticed that part…was the no liscense part really the deal breaker?  Oh, Principal Smith dont worry about the gat I pulled in English Class I had a liscense.

Back to the top

and just in case you want to check his "flava"

Back to the top

walty12 said

and just in case you want to check his "flava"

Oh man… they're gonna love him in Alabama.
Back to the top

Good Lord,

What a tool. Well Im sure hes on a short leash in Troy. If they can "fix" his issues they got a HELL of a player. If they cant theyll be getting national attention, but not of the right sort.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I look forward to the day when we, and the other Sun Belt schools, can get guys of this talent level that don't have the extra baggage attached.

Back to the top

While everyone is busy having "black-outs" we can have a "Gun-out" Day at home this year when they roll into town…

The wont let us bring in toy guns, so we can have everyone hold cardboard signs in the air that say:

"I got your MK47 Right here!"
Back to the top

Troy lands Wide Receiver/Future Criminal transferring from Oklahoma

Florida_Owl said

While everyone is busy having "black-outs" we can have a "Gun-out" Day at home this year when they roll into town…

The wont let us bring in toy guns, so we can have everyone hold cardboard signs in the air that say:

"I got your MK47 Right here!"

How about "TROY UNIVERSITY: WELCOMING CRIMINALS SINCE 2008" or "SERVING MY PROBATION AT TROY UNIVERSITY"

Of course both need to be accompanied by his photo and number to make it perfectly clear what the signs refer to.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

I don't know about guns but the Bookstore is already selling special FAU vs Troy t-shirts. They're grey and say OWLS vs TROJANS, with both teams helmets. It's kinda cool… except it's the wrong color. Doesn't Athletics want to do a Blue-out for Troy?

And if so, why is it so hard for these departments to talk to each other?
Back to the top

In my experience with bookstores owned by outside companies, the bookstore orders large quantities of shirts (in the 100,000s) for many different schools for very cheap. And since grey is a color of a lot of schools, maybe that's what happened?

Either way, I'm glad they are making game-specific shirts.

Remember OWL COUNTRY (not Adam, all of us as a whole), everything can't be perfect the first time around. For those that have worked at universities, or maybe even volunteered at FAU, some of the most obvious things are very hard to do. How hard is it to refund someone when they spend $10 on poster board for an event they are running? Ask anyone who has to go through the refund process…(that's an example).

Let's take this in stride. Let's be glad they are making game-specific t-shirts.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: