Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

No "free" brodcast of the Texas game...

So apparently this is being offered as a PPV game only.

Will Duffy's be picking up the game? Or more to the point will there be an official watch party locally in Boca if Duffy's is not the sponsor?

Smitty (or anyone else) who should we call to find out about an official watch party in Boca?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: No "free" brodcast of the Texas game...

How much are the pay per view games usually? Will it be part of the gameday packages. 
Back to the top

Probably $30.00
Back to the top

The watch party will be announced shortly. Maybe at FanFest? I have no details, but if I get any, I will post.

I'd stay tuned to the FAUsports.com web site.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

owlfamily said

So apparently this is being offered as a PPV game only.

Will Duffy's be picking up the game? Or more to the point will there be an official watch party locally in Boca if Duffy's is not the sponsor?

Smitty (or anyone else) who should we call to find out about an official watch party in Boca?

This may be a stupid question but Duffy's would only have to pay the $30 once to get it on all the TVs in that place, right, since they're all connected?

In any case, I don't see why Duffy's wouldn't carry the game. Even at a cost of $30, the place is overfilled with people. They bank on our gamedays. Not just them… Ale House too.
Back to the top

No "free" brodcast of the Texas game...

Dr said

Probably $30.00

Thats it?  It will be on at my place.  Anyone know if it will be on espn gameplan, i already got that set up. Im ready for some college football damnit.
Back to the top

roscoeowl said

How much are the pay per view games usually? Will it be part of the gameday packages.

Last one was $14.95…you get the whole day.
Back to the top

Bars have to pay much more for the games.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

owlfamily said

This may be a stupid question but Duffy's would only have to pay the $30 once to get it on all the TVs in that place, right, since they're all connected?

In any case, I don't see why Duffy's wouldn't carry the game. Even at a cost of $30, the place is overfilled with people. They bank on our gamedays. Not just them… Ale House too.

Actually, not a stupid question at all.

I tried to get Wackadoo's to carry the Northern Arizona game in 2003 (I think it was that game). They really wanted to, but had to pay "per seat" since they were a bar. I remember $1,000 being the estimated cost.

And not knowing how many people would show up, I understood why they wouldn't want to risk $1,000 which probably was a weeks worth of revenue for them.

But Murphy's Downtown came to the rescue and carried the game. How many people showed up? 1,000. Ever been in Murphy's when there was 1,000 people ? Not fun. But that night….especially because everyone was chanting, yelling and screaming Owl spirit, it was a BLAST.

So I imagine Duffy's would have to pay per head as well. Even if they are paying $20 per seat ($20 per head x 500 seats??), will they make that money back? How many people there spend over $20? Are a lot of people there under 21, thus not spending the $20?

And $20 is just a random number I threw out for purposes of breaking down the cost per person to watch the event vs. how much each person will spend.

Obviously if it's $10 a seat or $30 a seat, that changes the dynamics.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Duffys would make a killing off of us. Even if you don't drink or you're not old enough, think about it. You're there for about 3 hours while everyone around you is eating and drinking you're going to have something to eat or drink eventually. For the Troy game the entire restaurant was filled with FAU fans. I remember walking out during halftime because it was so hot in there and looking around and seeing people wearing FAU stuff at the bar, in the seated area, outside on the patio. So for Duffy's to pay say $1,000 for them to get this game I think from their logic they could easily make that up for this game.

I think I got there an hour and a half before kick off to get a good seat for the Troy game

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: