Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The Lodge Beer & Grill Hiring

Add topic

Opening Soon - Hiring Now.  Downtown Boca on Federal.  Over 100 Different Beers.  Excellent Food.  FAU Students 2-4-1 Specials All Day - Every Day.  Need Servers, Cooks.  Email if interested: [email protected]  - thanks… 
Back to the top

Re: The Lodge Beer & Grill Hiring

thelodgeboca said

Opening Soon - Hiring Now.  Downtown Boca on Federal.  Over 100 Different Beers.  Excellent Food.  FAU Students 2-4-1 Specials All Day - Every Day.  Need Servers, Cooks.  Email if interested: [email protected]  - thanks…

Cool… when are you opening? I know some people who would definitely be interested in having dinner there.

And where exactly will you be on Federal?
Back to the top

You guys have TV's, maybe you can get in touch with FAU move to official watch party over there because its 9,000 degrees in that little room in Duffy's

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

You guys have TV's, maybe you can get in touch with FAU move to official watch party over there because its 9,000 degrees in that little room in Duffy's

haha that's why I don't sit in there!

well that and I can't get a table in there.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Jab979 said

It's all part of the experience!!! If FAU does do it at Duffy's again, let's make sure to tell people it's fun! Comfortable! Etc.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Jab979 said

I got there almost 2 hours before the Troy game to get that center table. By the end of the game I felt like I was going to pass out of heat exhaustion lol. This year I'm definitely sitting at the bar instead of the little room or i'm bringing a fan with me haha

Back to the top

Jab979 said

owlcountry said

Jab979 said

This year I'm definitely sitting at the bar instead of the little room or i'm bringing a fan with me haha

Bring 1,000 fans with you. The more fans the better!!!

Oh wait…you were talking about the fans that cool people off, weren't you.  ;)

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

If we beat Texas can we ask this Lodge place to mount a head of a longhorn inside?

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

The Lodge Beer & Grill Hiring

Jab979 said

owlcountry said

Jab979 said

I got there almost 2 hours before the Troy game to get that center table. By the end of the game I felt like I was going to pass out of heat exhaustion lol. This year I'm definitely sitting at the bar instead of the little room or i'm bringing a fan with me haha

Dude.. for the Memphis game, a guy from my group called way ahead of time to book the table for 5:30 (the game was at 7). We get there at 5, tell them everyone is on their way and we look forward to having the table in the backroom at 5:30. Everyone arrives, they tell us they're waiting on one last group to finish eating and then they'll give us a table. They said they'll let us know. So we stand around… 5:30… 5:45… 6:00. I go back there and at the table they were going to give us, another group of older people are sitting there. So I return to the front and say to the host, in a nicer way, wtf man?!? He apologizes and again tells us we'll get the next available table. This happens twice more to us that night. If that hadn't been the official watch party we would have left long ago. They eventually sat us (at 6:45) over on the right side by a bunch of TVs with no sound, then refuse to turn on the sound so we can hear the pregame thoughts (we weren't the only ones asking).

We told all this to a manager and he gave us a bucket of beers to compensate. Which is cool but I was still pissed off about the whole thing, not to mention that the server delivered it in an FSU hat.

I'd say "f*** Duffy's" but I was there for the Troy game and my experience had been much better.
Back to the top

I live in Deerfield and there's a place near me called CJ's they have a lot more TV's then Duffy's and the manager asked me once before if we could move the watch party over there. I emailed Dexter about it but that was about all I could do. Good food, beer buckets and lots of big screen TVs. Place is packed on Sundays for football

Back to the top
Control functions: