Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Question for the Texas fans

Question for the Texas fans

When I went up to UF we weren't allowed to park on campus, does the same hold true at Texas? We are renting a car from the airport and since the game is at 6pm we were hoping to load up with some Styrofoam coolers packed with ice and beer and tailgate in the lot before the game. If we are allowed in, how much is parking?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Question for the Texas fans

This might help….

Parking
Garage Parking
Public parking is available in the following campus garages beginning four hours prior to kickoff at $10 per vehicle:
•  Speedway Garage (corner of Speedway and 27th Street)
•  27th St. Garage (corner of 27th Street and University Avenue)
•  San Antonio Garage (corner of San Antonio and 25th streets)

Surface Lots
Public parking is available in these UT campus surface lots for a $10 fee:
•  Lots F19, F23, F25, 40, A53, and 56

Surface parking for the public can also be found on the west side of Speedway on a space-available basis.

Tailgating
Tailgating is permitted in parking areas surrounding Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium. Please note: Open flames are not permitted in the parking garages. No tents are allowed prior to 7 a.m. on game day.

http://texassports.com/ot/football-atoz.html#p

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

I do not live in Austin now, but this is what I did (using google earth will help this make more sense).  Just off of the access road to I-35 North bound and Just South of Martin Luther King, there is a hotel and a Denny's.  I would park there (free) and walk across the bridge and into the stadium.  There were plenty of people who stayed there or came from just further away so you are walking with a crowd but won't really have issues parking there.  They had the signs threatening to tow cars… but they never did.

If you want any other advice or help just let us know  (just do not ask us for the best BBQ because that will start a fight amongst the Texans and you won't get any real help).
Back to the top

UT^2 said

Just South of Martin Luther King, there is a hotel and a Denny's.  I would park there (free) and walk across the bridge and into the stadium.

Question is:

Will the car be there when you return?
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

UT^2 said

Just South of Martin Luther King, there is a hotel and a Denny's.  I would park there (free) and walk across the bridge and into the stadium.

Question is:

Hey that's enterprises problem not mine haha… We had it towed at UF why not have it stolen in Texas that'd be a fun story

Back to the top

Jab979 said

Florida_Owl said

UT^2 said

Question is:

Hey that's enterprises problem not mine haha… We had it towed at UF why not have it stolen in Texas that'd be a fun story

I actually had a friend take a rental to Austin and after 15+ hours on the road and 10 miles outside of Austin they got hit by an 18 wheeler and the car was totalled. Fun story. (Fortunately everyone was okay).

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Florida_Owl said

UT^2 said

Question is:

As a former Enterprise employee, one piece of advice….

TAKE ALL THE INSURANCE! For this short length of time, and from what you have planned it will be money well spent.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

We got Nunzio goin with us and he works for enterprise so he gets the discount and the insurance… GAME ON! haha  ;D

Back to the top
Control functions: