Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

From Graham Watson's ESPN Blog

From Graham Watson's ESPN Blog

A little something from ESPN.

"Dan from Oxford, Miss., writes: Great work in giving solid coverage of the non-BCS schools. What do you think the likelihood is of FAU beating either Texas or Michigan State? Although an underdog in both games FAU has shown the potential to put up big numbers on offense and with 18 starters returning this looks like the year for FAU to surprise some people. How do you think the Owls will fare in their two toughest games of the season? GO OWLS!!!

Graham Watson: I would have said Florida Atlantic had a decent chance to play with Texas until Howard Schnellenberger opened his mouth about Texas' toughness. Although he tried to deny the comments, the damage was already done. At no point did I think FAU could beat Texas, but play with them? Maybe. As for Michigan Sate, I think the Spartans are one of the most underrated teams in the country and playing at Michigan State doesn't help FAU's chances."

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: From Graham Watson's ESPN Blog

We shall see.

God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best. - Voltaire
Back to the top

Tropic said

We shall see.

Yes. She wasn't as confident in FAU's abilities as I might have expected. Especially for the Michigan State game. I can't figure that one out. A lot of people are fairly high on MSU and a bunch of others think MSU is going to be pretty bad this year. There is no real concensus on the Spartans. Should be interesting to see how they start off.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Rhetorical Question:

Who is Graham Watson??

Seriously…….
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Rhetorical Question:

Who is Graham Watson??

Seriously…….

She does all of the non-BCS conference coverage for ESPN. She has put out some pretty solid information on FAU. She has actually done a pretty solid job considering that before she was assigned soley to the University of Missouri. Here is the link to her blog.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/others

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Tropic said

We shall see.

Yes. She wasn't as confident in FAU's abilities as I might have expected. Especially for the Michigan State game. I can't figure that one out. A lot of people are fairly high on MSU and a bunch of others think MSU is going to be pretty bad this year. There is no real concensus on the Spartans. Should be interesting to see how they start off.

GO OWLS!!!

It seems as if everyone always has high expectations of Big Ten teams, like every year is _____(insert team)____'s year to break out of the monotony of their 6-6 or 7-5 seasons and really do some damage.

I've talked to several people who follow the Big Ten and they say that MSU is a mid-to-low level Big Ten team year in and year out, despite what people say about it being their year. If we were playing Michigan instead of Michigan State or Ohio State instead of Michigan State I'd say we're probably screwed.

For instance, Troy is screwed against OSU. I don't say that to be mean at all – I truly hope Troy can pull some magic out of their hat and give OSU a good game. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was like 45-14 in the end. Similarly I think Graham Watson wouldn't be surprised if it was 45-14 Michigan State over FAU. We obviously think differently.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

If we were playing Michigan instead of Michigan State or Ohio State instead of Michigan State I'd say we're probably screwed.

Come on now…What about Appalachian State?
Back to the top

owlcountry said

owlfan1 said

Tropic said

We shall see.

GO OWLS!!!

It seems as if everyone always has high expectations of Big Ten teams, like every year is _____(insert team)____'s year to break out of the monotony of their 6-6 or 7-5 seasons and really do some damage.

I've talked to several people who follow the Big Ten and they say that MSU is a mid-to-low level Big Ten team year in and year out, despite what people say about it being their year. If we were playing Michigan instead of Michigan State or Ohio State instead of Michigan State I'd say we're probably screwed.

For instance, Troy is screwed against OSU. I don't say that to be mean at all – I truly hope Troy can pull some magic out of their hat and give OSU a good game. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was like 45-14 in the end. Similarly I think Graham Watson wouldn't be surprised if it was 45-14 Michigan State over FAU. We obviously think differently.

Michigan State is always very unpredictable from one week to the next. They go out and beat Michigan one week and then lose to Indiana the next week. This has always been the case. They have absolutely no consistency. When they are at their best they can be downright scary and then all of a sudden they fold.

I have seen MSU being picked by some to finish near the top of the conference (#3 or so) and others picking them as low as 7 or 8. It really is a toss up in my book. I won't be surprised if FAU wins 35-31 or if FAU loses 45-17. Could go either way.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top
Control functions: