Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Possible Transfer to FAU??

Could he be considering FAU??

Notre Dame's Jackson to transfer

August 15, 2008 12:55 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Graham Watson

Notre Dame third-string receiver Richard Jackson has decided to transfer, the school announced Friday. Coach Charlie Weis said Jackson, a junior from Clermont, Fla., has decided to attend school closer to home.

"I talked with Richard Thursday night and again this morning to make sure he had thoroughly thought this decision through," Weis said. "He informed me this morning that he intended to part ways with the program and transfer to a school closer to home. We thank him for his time and wish him well in the future."

Jackson had played sparingly in his two seasons with the Irish. He played on special teams as a freshman but garnered less than two minutes of actual playing time. He did not play in a game last year, and this season, he was listed behind Duval Kamara and George West at X-wide receiver.

Jackson is the third known player to leave the team in the last month. Cornerback Darrin Walls and receiver D.J. Hord also left the program, though Walls is expected to return next semester.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: Possible Transfer to FAU??

The big teams just grab up players to prevent other teams from having them, it's really a shame for a lot of these players.

The lesson: Don't be starstruck by Notre Dame.

If you are a good but maybe not great player, come down to FAU and play for legendary coach S and he will make you great and you will play and win. 

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

The big teams just grab up players to prevent other teams from having them, it's really a shame for a lot of these players.

The lesson: Don't be starstruck by Notre Dame.

If you are a good but maybe not great player, come down to FAU and play for legendary coach S and he will make you great and you will play and win.

The funny thing would be if Troy got a four star WR transfer… and then we got a four star WR transfer.

Here's his Rivals account
Richard Jackson - Yahoo! Sports

Still, Clermont is closest to UCF so that's probably where he'll go if he wants to be close to home.
Back to the top

Christ, if you've ever been to South Bend . . . no wonder he's coming back south…
Back to the top

El said

Christ, if you've ever been to South Bend . . . no wonder he's coming back south…

If you have ever spent any time on Notre Dame's campus you would know that it is one of the most beautiful in the country and the game atmosphere is unreal.

The weather isn't the greatest and as a city South Bend has much to be desired, but Notre Dame is absolutely breathtaking.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

El said

If you have ever spent any time on Notre Dame's campus you would know that it is one of the most beautiful in the country and the game atmosphere is unreal.

Notre Dame aerial

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

El said

The weather isn't the greatest and as a city South Bend has much to be desired, but Notre Dame is absolutely breathtaking.

GO OWLS!!!

I have, thanks.  I got family about 1/2 mile from the campus and have been on it numerous times.  Though I didn't go to school there, for what it's worth.  Football atmosphere aside.  You don't sleep on the 50-yard line.  You gotta sleep in Mishawaka or South Bend itself.     
Back to the top

Possible Transfer to FAU??

El said

owlfan1 said

El said

GO OWLS!!!

I have, thanks.  I got family about 1/2 mile from the campus and have been on it numerous times.  Though I didn't go to school there, for what it's worth.  Football atmosphere aside.  You don't sleep on the 50-yard line.  You gotta sleep in Mishawaka or South Bend itself.

Kids going to school there don't sleep in South Bend or Mishawaka. They are on campus and it is one hell of a campus to call home.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Depending on what the reason is he wants to be closer to home, my money is on him transferring to UCF or USF.  FAU may get a look and have an outside shot depending on how competitive he is.

I think with him having to sit out this season and then next year being his last, he will be hard pressed for playing time with our depth chart at WR.  Now, if he is able to use a RS for his freshman season, that would give him an extra year.

My money is on him being at UCF or USF as I stated earlier.
Back to the top

SigEp77 said

Depending on what the reason is he wants to be closer to home, my money is on him transferring to UCF or USF.  FAU may get a look and have an outside shot depending on how competitive he is.

I think with him having to sit out this season and then next year being his last, he will be hard pressed for playing time with our depth chart at WR.  Now, if he is able to use a RS for his freshman season, that would give him an extra year.

My money is on him being at UCF or USF as I stated earlier.

He could transfer to a 1-AA school, if he doesn't want to sit out and play right away.
Back to the top
Control functions: