Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU v. Texas tickets for sale

A softball player of the league I play in is from U of Texas and is selling his tickets to the game. Please contact me if you are interested.

"Rick, I have the Texas/Fla. Atl. Tickets, but will not be able to use them. I am looking to get face value for them ($65/per). Let me know if you are interested. Sec. 107, Row 28, Seat 37-38 (second deck on the west side; 20-yd line)"

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Re: FAU v. Texas tickets for sale

there are 100's of them on ebay, cheap

Peyton
Back to the top

yah ive seen lower bowl for as low as 35 bucks and upper bowl for 28.00

better than our corner pocket seats for 65
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

Yeah, unbelievable…should have just waited.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Nunzio42 said

yeah but wouldn't have been with FAU fans though. It's worth the price to be around fellow owls.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

walty12 said

Nunzio42 said

yeah but wouldn't have been with FAU fans though. It's worth the price to be around fellow owls.

And FAU doesn't get any money from tickets purchased on eBay.  Don't forget, we gotta pay for a stadium somehow.
Back to the top

fauowl said

smittysahoot said

walty12 said

Nunzio42 said

And FAU doesn't get any money from tickets purchased on eBay.  Don't forget, we gotta pay for a stadium somehow.

I dont think my $60 ticket is going to purchase a $60 million dollar stadium.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

fauowl said

smittysahoot said

walty12 said

Nunzio42 said

I dont think my $60 ticket is going to purchase a $60 million dollar stadium.

Purchasing tickets through anyone or anything other than FAU does not help FAU in any way. Visiting teams are allotted a certain amount of tickets per game. They are given credit for those tickets and the numbers are turned into the NCAA each year.

If FAU has….let's use 1,000 for round numbers… 1,000 tickets per visiting game.

Indulge me for a minute:
Out of FAU's six away games, they are allotted a total of 6,000 tickets.
At Texas…we do awesome and have 800 people there.
At Minnesota and Michigan State, we do OK, and since there aren't a lot of alumni in the area, and a lot of people aren't traveling to those games because they went to Texas, let's day we get 400 for both.
But for the other away games this year, all Sun-Belt schools, we only get 200 visiting fans, which is more than I witnessed in UNT last year.

So out of 6,000 tickets, FAU sells 2,400 of their allotted 6,000. That means that FAU only sells 40 percent of their allotted tickets.

Why would teams want us to come and play them if they are PAYING US nearly $1 million and we aren't bringing big numbers in fans to help their concession, tickets, parking and local economy?

It would be like FAU inviting a mid-level Div 2 team in terms of financial implications.

Know what I mean?

*note those numbers are made up and are not official.

Back to the top

FAU v. Texas tickets for sale

smittysahoot said

A softball player of the league I play in is from U of Texas and is selling his tickets to the game. Please contact me if you are interested.

"Rick, I have the Texas/Fla. Atl. Tickets, but will not be able to use them. I am looking to get face value for them ($65/per). Let me know if you are interested. Sec. 107, Row 28, Seat 37-38 (second deck on the west side; 20-yd line)"

So why you pimpin your friend's UT tickets to FAU fans?

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Good point, I don't really know.

Just thought I would post it in case there are Texas fans that didn't go through FAU to get tickets (shame on you!)

Back to the top
Control functions: