Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

O.K. whats going on with the Band this year

Add topic

Has anyone heard any news on the Band? Maybe Tuba can give us an update on the plans for this upocoming year ;D
Back to the top

Re: O.K. whats going on with the Band this year

Leadership and Drumline was supposed to start yesterday (Monday) and today (Tuesday) with the rest of the band meeting for the first time on Wednesday but with Fay things have gotten pushed back. Hopefully we will still be able to start tomorrow. After we have preseason training we should know more about the number of members, ect. Tuba may have some more info.

AEA
Back to the top

Come on band! The football players are out in the rain!!! just kidding :)

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

It's not the rain stopping us….it's the fact that the University is officially closed so were not allowed to go do stuff. LOL

AEA
Back to the top

O.K. whats going on with the Band this year

The Marching Owls be holding our first indoor rehearsal Wednesday, and plan to be out on Baseball B Thursday morning and afternoon.  As soon as we get through basics we'll be putting 2 shows on the field for the UAB game, the Pregame show and Show 1 (80's Hair Bands).  I know it's been asked a lot is we are traveling to the Texas game but with the size and amount of funding the Marching Owls receive it doesn't make much sense to travel to regular season games out of the state.  What I know so far about numbers is there are 52 people signed up for the class.  It looks like we'll have a much larger Drum-line and I think 8 Twirlers.  We're always looking for new members, if you know anyone interested have them e-mail [email protected] (By the way each member receives a $500 scholarship when the season is over.  ;))

Other odds and ends:
- I've been told The University of Texas Longhorn Band will be playing our Alma Mater (not the Fight Song) during the FAU/UT game. Found here: http://fausports.cstv.com/trads/fau-trads-songs.html
- Troy will bring a Pep Band to the FAU/Troy game
- Some of the words to the Fight Song may change by the 2009 season.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

FAUtuba said

It looks like we'll have a much larger Drum-line and I think 8 Twirlers. 

Nice!

Any chances the Tuba Section will grow too?? :)
Back to the top

FAUtuba said

- Some of the words to the Fight Song may change by the 2009 season.

That's OK….not a lot of people on the board know it anyway. *wink* love ya all!

Smart money would changing ..
"Football in paradise"
"cheering out football team down the field"

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Back to the top

$mitty's right the changes would make it less about one sport.  So it would be "cheering our HOMETOWN team down the field..".

And I would love to have a huge tuba line but its looking like there might be less then 7, and that depends if one of the guys gets the a walk on roll with the Basketball team.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

And don't forget the "down the field" part should be changed too. Basketball has a court.

if you need an outside opinion, I would be willing to help.

Back to the top

I've been in RA training and dealing with move-ins and junk so I haven't really been able to be with the drumline as much I'd like (i'm the section leader). But I will tell you, our line is HUGE this year, and also, the talent level has gone up a notch or two. We are probably going to be putting 6 snares, 3 tenors, 5 basses and 4 or 5 cymbals. The band isn't that big, but for the first time we have alot of returning members and not as many freshman. If we had the same amount of freshman that we usually do, we'd be a pretty decent size, but there are still some folks that are going to be in it, but aren't. I do think that the talent level all around talent level in the band has gone up, which is only going to make us better, so it should be a great year, even if we are small.
Back to the top
Control functions: