Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Video of Howard's comments

This is great! A video of Schnelly's comments about Texas not being tough enough are up on The Post's web site. I don't know how The Post got it while the UP doesn't have it online.

See Howard's comments for yourself

Plus Marcus' blog has a note about Paul Muse, the transfer from Clemson, being moved back to tight end. Good stuff.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Re: Video of Howard's comments

That is great. It puts the whole thing in perspective. Makes you feel like you are sitting in his living room just chatting about the upcoming game.

Seeing the video I really don't think that there was any negative intent on Howard's part. He was just talking shop and talking about what it takes to beat Texas and being more physical is one of the things that FAU needs to do in order to make it happen.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

It does give you a must different perspective of the comments.

Great find!! 
Back to the top

When you hear the comments, it's hard to imagine Texas fans getting all bent out of shape about them.  They aren't really a slight of Texas at all.  There was no malice in his voice there.  It's just Coach explaining what his team has to do to compete.  I'm sure this story won't go away easily, but this really isn't a big deal.
Back to the top

Those comments aren't as hard-hitting as originally thought.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

cant see the video...just a page with as refernece to thier viewing policy...wonder if they removed it?
Back to the top

It is still there, I just watched it and it seems like the question was maybe

How do you beat Texas and what would be their weakness?

He wasn't being provocative at all, he was explaining that if we want to beat Texas we need to take advantage of the fact that they are a finesse team, like many teams these days, and really hit them hard.  Good find!

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Video of Howard's comments

smittysahoot said

Those comments aren't as hard-hitting as originally thought.

Exactly. It's pretty benign. But since the Texas reporters have absolutely no idea what's going on with their team because the Coach is trying to keep a poorly-guarded secret about 2 QBs, the media has to dredge up this story daily (as the Austin Statesman does… and has admitted to doing)
Back to the top

I wonder how people are getting access to this information about 2 QBS. Seems to be an indoor bubble has one way in and one way out: doors that can be guarded.

http://www.texassports.com/facilities/tex-facilities.html

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

You guys must not be very good at searching the internet if you think Mack has been trying to keep secrets from the media.  Try reading the UT football website sometime.  It is full of photos, videos, and quotes from players and coaches on what is going on in fall camp.  Coaches and players talk to the media after every single practice and scrimmage.  There have also been two practices which included mini-scrimmages that were open to the public.  Mack has been holding closed practices for at least three years now because of idiot fans posting videos of players getting hurt on the internet.  There are many other programs that have the same policy … they may have one or two open practices or scrimmages, but the rest are closed to the public.

This page has every photo, video, article, and press conference from this year's fall camp.  It is updated multiple times a day.

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/fb-08-training-camp.html
Back to the top
Control functions: