Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Another injury at TE

This doesn't sound good, we can't afford to lose another tight end…
TE Darien Williams twisted his knee or ankle on a pass play and Schnellenberger believes it's serious “We're going to lose Williams for a while,” Schnellenberger said.

Hard Knocks at the Ox

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Re: Another injury at TE

I know Darian isn't listed on the depth charts, but this kid will be a good one for us and it's too bad - he was having a solid camp.  :P

Back to the top

Hopefully Rob Housler can pick up the slack. Marcus Nelson had a front page story on him in today's Post. That's nice to see so early in the season.

FAU opener gives TE Housler chance to play in home state

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

CanadianOwl said

This doesn't sound good, we can't afford to lose another tight end…
TE Darien Williams twisted his knee or ankle on a pass play and Schnellenberger believes it's serious “We're going to lose Williams for a while,” Schnellenberger said.

Hard Knocks at the Ox

He's a great player too. May be better than Housler, but Housler has better height and more experience.

Problem is Housler has been dropping the ball (literally)
Back to the top

Ted had a comment on his blog yesterday afternoon as well:

"He suffered a knee injury today that appears to be serious and could involve ligament damage."
Back to the top

Is Harmon ahead of schedule or is he still out long term?
Back to the top

OWL4EVER said

Is Harmon ahead of schedule or is he still out long term?

With a torn ACL in the spring game….even if he is ahead of schedule, we will be fortunate to have him full strength for next Spring.

Non-FAU fans (i.e. UM and UF fans) have been asking me about Harmon all summer.  It's a bummer he is out, but hopefully Housler/Grant can pick up the slack.
Back to the top

Another injury at TE

Read over on the palm beach post that the coaches have put Muse back at tight end and he was already doing pretty well. Thats the position he was recruited at and played while he was at Clemson before he transfered to FAU.  He could be a good addition to the depth charts at TE. 
Back to the top

roscoeowl said

Read over on the palm beach post that the coaches have put Muse back at tight end and he was already doing pretty well. Thats the position he was recruited at and played while he was at Clemson before he transfered to FAU.  He could be a good addition to the depth charts at TE.

I had no idea who this guy was so I looked him up

Paul Muse, #51, RS Jr

2007: Missed the year rehabilitating.

2006: Returned to Florida and joined the Owls during preseason…sat out the season to fulfill transfer requirements…practiced in the fall with the tight ends and moved to the offensive line in the spring.

2005 at Clemson: Used the year as a redshirt.

High School: Played for Marty Lee at First Coast, where he was named to the SuperPrep Dixie team as the 91st-best prospect in Florida…28th best tight end in the nation by CollegeFootballNews.com…40th best-tight end in the nation by SuperPrep…19th-best tight end in the nation and the 61st-best player in Florida by Rivals.com…named a Florida Times-Union Super 11 and a member of the Super 24 team in Florida.

Back to the top

The word on him when they moved him to OL was that he was "too slow for our system"…this was from Nord…

Now, i dont know how this plays out now that we are thin, but i guess they want to be sure we have enough bodies…

He's a prototypical TE size wise…
Back to the top
Control functions: