Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coyote Jacks???

Add topic

Where is it? And what do they offer?  And do i need a student ID to get in?
Back to the top

Re: Coyote Jacks???

The said

It's on campus in the Student Union (formerly known as the University Center). You don't need a student ID to get in. What you may want to do though is check with FAU Athletics and/or SG to make sure you can get a temp. parking pass so you don't get a ticket - or park in visitor parking.

If Coyo's is going to be the "official watch party" then I would imagine the Community Service Agents (aka the ones that give the tickets) would need to know that so they don't write tickets.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

The said

In terms of what they offer, it's a sports bar concept with "southern grille" type of items. Essentially, you can get wings, burgers, salads with meat in them, waffle fries… alot of which have pepper on them (as a "kick"). I think everyone agrees that the food is just okay, with anything that ends in the word "wrap" being one of the better choices to eat.

They have beer but no hard alcohol… that was because, up until recently, college campuses could not offer a full alcoholic bar with hard drinks. However, I have heard that the new Tailgaters sports bar in UCF Athletic Village has been granted a full liquor license (on the argument that drunk kids would be better off on-campus than off-campus driving home irresponsibly) so if FAU is smart, they'll make a similar request to get a license…

but how much you wanna bet that's not going to happen?
Back to the top

Coyote Jacks???

Coyote Jacks is weak... I miss the old place...the name slips my mind, help me out

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

Coyote Jacks is weak… I miss the old place…the name slips my mind, help me out

Wackadoo's
Back to the top

They don't have Sunday ticket do they?
Back to the top

Lm77 said

SeminOWL2006 said

Wackadoo's

Same problem, different name.

To FAU's credit, they DID try to get a TGIF in there… even went as far as having President Brogan himself try to negotiate with TGIF but at the end of the day, TGIF makes the majority of its profits on alcohol and the (old) campus alcohol rules were too stringent.

I think a Wings Plus could work in there… or a Tijuana Flats.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Lm77 said

SeminOWL2006 said

Wackadoo's

Same problem, different name.

To FAU's credit, they DID try to get a TGIF in there… even went as far as having President Brogan himself try to negotiate with TGIF but at the end of the day, TGIF makes the majority of its profits on alcohol and the (old) campus alcohol rules were too stringent.

I think a Wings Plus could work in there… or a Tijuana Flats.

Moes.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

The said

In terms of what they offer, it's a sports bar concept with "southern grille" type of items. Essentially, you can get wings, burgers, salads with meat in them, waffle fries… alot of which have pepper on them (as a "kick"). I think everyone agrees that the food is just okay, with anything that ends in the word "wrap" being one of the better choices to eat.

Salads with meat in them??? Yummmmm…You really know how to sell it Owlcountry!  ;D
Back to the top

yah that place also runs some screwy hours.....Jab and i were on campus one day and we stopped by at like 3pm for a beer and some food, mainly the beer; and they were closed?!?!?!?!?! during a week day with orientation going on.......
Back to the top
Control functions: