Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Offensive Line Shuffle

With Center Nick Paris, RG Kevin Miller and recently RT John Rizzo down it leaves us with:
(There is still a good chance Rizzo will play Saturday)

LT Brandon Jackson, LT Lavoris Williams, LG David Matlock, LG Ryan Wischnefski, RG Carl Spitale, RT Vinnie Henderson

Both Ryan Wischnefski & David Matlock have had playing time under center, but can they replace a Paris.  He was a battle tested veteran that Rusty undoubtedly felt comfortable with & you could count on Nick to make solid assessments & decisions when necessary.

We needed everyone healthy to have a fighting chance to upset the Longhorns, so where does this put the Owls now?

This is a line that did have depth heading into the season, something the Owls haven’t had the luxury in the past, but it is still a tall order to replace so many veterans guys in a short period of time.

Can we expect the same explosive offensive output against the Longhorns?

And how will it affect the running game?
Back to the top

Re: Offensive Line Shuffle

Offensive Line Shuffle

heheh… Schnelly is a master.  He came out and challenged Texas and then had everyone get "hurt".  That way you get an angry and extremely overconfident Texas team coming into a game where they would have won if they were simply relaxed and level-headed.  I wouldn't be surprised if half the injuries are fake.

Or maybe I see consipracies where there are none, a wishful thinker.

Wish me luck, headed to Amsterdam today…I will be representing all semester.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

When does the team head to Texas? I guess we will know then who will be playing and who will not... do they have to submit a team roster before the game or bring who they want?
Back to the top

I think that we are now at a point where we have somee choices…. We can go in and put up the fight we have envisioned all year or go in and give in and pull Rusty in the 2nd half like the UF game and get blown away….  I thnik this game means a lot, and a good showing garners some respect or might turn some heads nationally….I think this is the 1st time we actually can go into a game of this magnituse and stand a chance ….win or lose I will be htere cheering this team…I know and believe what they are capable of……

Go Owls!!!!!!
Back to the top

Boone02 said

When does the team head to Texas? I guess we will know then who will be playing and who will not… do they have to submit a team roster before the game or bring who they want?

The team has a private charter as usual, so they decide who goes on the plane and who doesn't. Although I don't know the facts, I have heard the team finalizes their travel list on Wednesday by the close of business.

The team is arriving in Austin on Friday as far as I know.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

i expect to see atleast 2 of those listed above in texas with pads on
Back to the top
Control functions: