Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Local alumni chapters?

Add topic

Local alumni chapters?

Is there any listing of local FAU alumni chapters or gatherings for the thousands of FAU alumni now away from South Florida?
Back to the top

Re: Local alumni chapters?

GeorgiaOwl said

Is there any listing of local FAU alumni chapters or gatherings for the thousands of FAU alumni now away from South Florida?

Thank you so much for your post!

With the recent excitement surrounding FAU, there has been an increased amount of inquires into launching new chapters of the FAU National Alumni Association.

Please e-mail me directly at [email protected] and I can help you.

Lee Collier is the person in the alumni office who is responsible for organizing chapters.

I am currently a co-chair of a new chapter, so I can help you with getting started. I am also trying to organize watch parties for the football games that are on TV, which could really help you launch a new chapter.

E-mail me and I can help you. Please include what city you are from so that when I submit my list of cities to request information for, I can incldue your city.

-Rick "$mitty" Smith '07
National Alumni Association Board of Directors
Co-Chair of the Lonestar Burrow

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

As far as I know there already is an Atlanta chapter
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

As far as I know there already is an Atlanta chapter

Perfect! Then we'll add to it!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Back to the top

There are a ton of Alumni in the Atlanta area and the group could certainly be stronger...get that watch party organized GA Owl!
Back to the top

A list of local alumni will be produced soon. From there, we have to pick a location to have a watch party and/or other event, invite alumni to participate and then wait for the RSVPs to role in. Any advice on where in Atlanta we can watch a game?

A sports-themed establishment is prefered, but not always the best option. In big cities like Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta, etc. when I call local establishments, they are more than willing to accommodate us, but after they accommodate the "big schools" and their "big" watch parties…

Back to the top

My name is Bryan and I live in Atlanta (Buckhead). I moved from Boca about a year ago.  Not sure if there is an active alumni chapter here, but I be more then happy to start one or help the existing one grow especially thanks to Lee Collier for sending me a box of FAU stuff (key chains, signs, and pom pom's)to set up at a bar.  I am not sure where I will be watching the game this Saturday, but will post when I do.  Suggestions from fellow GA alumni would be great.
Back to the top

AtlBryan said

My name is Bryan and I live in Atlanta (Buckhead). I moved from Boca about a year ago.  Not sure if there is an active alumni chapter here, but I be more then happy to start one or help the existing one grow especially thanks to Lee Collier for sending me a box of FAU stuff (key chains, signs, and pom pom's)to set up at a bar.  I am not sure where I will be watching the game this Saturday, but will post when I do.  Suggestions from fellow GA alumni would be great.

Thanks for your post Bryan. I love to see FAU alumni wanting to get involved! I'll e-mail Lee Collier and let you know what she says.

Back to the top

TeamBear already spoke with Lee and I guess that is why she sent me a box of stuff to start up the "watchparty".  I just need some people to join me, because if not it will be me, my girlfriend, and a bunch of Bulldog fans! 
Back to the top

AtlBryan said

TeamBear already spoke with Lee and I guess that is why she sent me a box of stuff to start up the "watchparty".  I just need some people to join me, because if not it will be me, my girlfriend, and a bunch of Bulldog fans!

OK - so Teambeer is the one you are in contact with. Perfect. I know he had one or two contacts up there, not sure if it was you. Was it you that sent me an e-mail, or someone else?

I think there is a chapter in Atlanta, but how active it is…I don't know. Whether it is active or not, this event will be useful to get it active (if it's not) or help keep it active (if it is).

Usually after identifying the location and talking with the manager (which I did yesterday and Lee may do today or tomorrow), a blast e-mail goes out to advertise the event. I'm sure TeamBeer and/or I will keep you updated.

Back to the top
Control functions: