Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU makes list of toughest schedules for non-BCS teams

Toughest schedules in the non-BCS

August 25, 2008 12:00 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Graham Watson

There are a lot of teams that play quality schedules in the non-BCS, but below are what I believe to be the 10 toughest schedules.

1. Fresno State - At Rutgers, Toledo, UCLA and Boise State plus a home date with Wisconsin.

2. Troy - Opens season at rival MTSU then travels to No. 2 Ohio State, No. 7 LSU, Oklahoma State, FAU.

3. Florida International - At No. 14 Kansas, Iowa, No. 19 South Florida, FAU, and Troy.

4. UAB - Opens with Tulsa then plays No. 18 Tennessee, South Carolina at FAU then conference dates at UCF and Southern Miss.

5. East Carolina - Plays four high-level BCS teams then plays at UCF, Southern Miss and UAB.

6. UCF - Underrated non-conference schedule with No. 19 South Florida, Boston College, Miami and a conference game at Tulsa.

7. Louisiana-Monroe - Plays three SEC teams, including No. 10 Auburn and Arkansas to start the season.

8. Marshall - At No. 8 West Virginia and No. 13 Wisconsin and Southern Miss, East Carolina and UAB.

9. Nevada - Plays No. 6 Missouri and No. 12 Texas Tech then travels to Hawaii and Fresno State.

10. New Mexico - Opens against TCU then hosts Texas A&M, Arizona and at Tulsa and BYU.

Toughest schedules

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FIU makes list of toughest schedules for non-BCS teams

Well, when just about every team in the country is better than you, I guess you're going to have a pretty tough schedule.
Back to the top

What's really cool is that on those schedules…FAU is listed as a "tough team." We are in good company with the others listed as well.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

What's really cool is that on those schedules…FAU is listed as a "tough team." We are in good company with the others listed as well.

If that's the case then UAB will be a "tough team" for us at home first game since they are listed on here.

Toledo is on here? Really?

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

FIU makes list of toughest schedules for non-BCS teams

Fledgling said

smittysahoot said

If that's the case then UAB will be a "tough team" for us at home first game since they are listed on here.

Fledge:
What was meant by my message is that those teams have FAU as part of their "tough schedule." We are no longer a UAB or FIU, we are with the likes of the SEC and ACC when ESPN compiles "strength of schedule" type of polls.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Yeah, I got it.  I know what you meant, wasn't questioning you, just the writers thoughts.

This is the first I've heard UAB being a challenge to anyone.  And tulane?

Like things, love people.
Back to the top
Control functions: