Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU - UT game in an Orlando sports bar?

Howdy from a displaced Longhorn in Orlando.  I'm really looking forward to this game.  We have a lot of questions to be answered early in the season, and hopefully, this will be the start.

Does anyone know of a sports bar or other public place in central Florida where this game might be available?  It's on FSN PPV, as y'all probably know.  The PPV fee for a commercial establishment is usually pretty steep, so it may not be available everywhere.  I'm just hoping that because we're playing a Florida school, I might be able to find it somewhere.

Back to the top

Re: FAU - UT game in an Orlando sports bar?

FAU - UT game in an Orlando sports bar?

We cant even find it Boca Raton ??? ??? ???
Back to the top

fins09065 said

We cant even find it Boca Raton ??? ??? ???

;D  :-\  :(  :'(
Back to the top

OrlandoHorn said

Howdy from a displaced Longhorn in Orlando.  I'm really looking forward to this game.  We have a lot of questions to be answered early in the season, and hopefully, this will be the start.

Does anyone know of a sports bar or other public place in central Florida where this game might be available?  It's on FSN PPV, as y'all probably know.  The PPV fee for a commercial establishment is usually pretty steep, so it may not be available everywhere.  I'm just hoping that because we're playing a Florida school, I might be able to find it somewhere.

I don't have any idea, but I am in Orlando as well. Would a regular sports bar have it? Like the Ale House? Anyway, if you find a place let me know.
Back to the top

Gatsby's of Boca should have it.

God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best. - Voltaire
Back to the top

Tropic said

Gatsby's of Boca should have it.

Doubt it.  Unless that is the location of the watch party.  To get this game at a bar costs quite a bit of money.  So unless there is a planned watch party, do not expect it at a bar. 
Back to the top

I'd also be interested in watching the game in Orlando…I'm by UCF and the two best chances would be the Ale House or Buffalo Wild Wings…my thought is that the chances are slim with the pay per view issue…
Back to the top

Did you guys post on the Texas board to see if any other of your fans were in Orlando and what plans they had?
Back to the top

Sounds like you guys have an unofficial watch party in the makings.  Seriously, though I think it will be hard to find anywhere that will be showing this game, maybe start calling around to the alehouses, buffalo wild wings, winghouse.  Or as someone here said, see if there are any texas alumni around here.  If you do figure out something, please let me know, on here or send a private message, if I don't end up camping this weekend, I will be in Kissimmee watching the game.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

I have sent an email to the head of the Orlando chapter of the Texas Exes, but have not received a reply as yet.  I've run into this problem before with games on FSN PPV, and have usually ended up listening to the Longhorn radio network internet feed from WOAI in San Antonio, which is available here:  Texas Longhorns

I've also been following the TV discussions on Hornfans.com, but most of them are worried about finding the game on cable systems in Texas.

I'm planning to drive around a bit on Saturday afternoon and see if I can some place showing the game, but I'm not optimistic.  The PPV fee is really steep for bars.  I'm in Winter Springs, NE part of the Orlando area, just up the road from UCF, so I'll start in that area and branch outward.

I'll post here if I find it.  Game time is 6 PM in Austin, 7 PM here.  I'll try to post the search results by an hour before game time.  Would love to watch the game with Texas and FAU fans alike.
Back to the top
Control functions: